Chapter 6

Chris' POV:

My eyes opened and I blinked slowly, adjusting to the morning light. I sat up slowly, every single one of my muscles aching from the full day of stunt work yesterday. The majority of it had been fight scenes, and they were my least favourite stunts to do - you actually had to get hit and take the punches. I flopped back down on my bed and sighed, at least I had the day off today. My message tone sounded and I reached over to my end table, picking up my phone and finding a message from a number I didn't recognize;

Mr Evans, a reminder that you have an appointment today at Motion Physiotherapy with Bianca Santora at 2.30pm. We look forward to seeing you there.

I grinned, how could I forget? I was going to see that amazing girl, Bianca, again. As soon as I'd walked out of the door of the building on Tuesday - especially after seeing her salute me adorably as I was leaving, I decided that I would ask her out on a date the next time I saw her. Or at the very least, I'd get her number. She was not only gorgeous, but also smart, funny and there was just something about her that was so intriguing - I just had to get to know her better.

Rolling over onto my back I stared at the ceiling of my bedroom, all of a sudden feeling a little lonely. It had been a while since my last girlfriend, we had broken up in September last year, ruining all of the plans for the holidays I'd had. Instead, in between filming for Infinity War, I'd gone home to Boston and spent a few weeks at home with my family - and had loved every second of it. I tried to go home as often as I could - it was the worst part of all the fame, having to live so far away from all of my family and friends and only being able to visit when I wasn't filming.

It was now February, and even though I still had my friends, I felt like it was time for me to get back out there and find something serious. I just wanted someone that I could share all my thoughts and feelings with, someone that would be there for me when I came home from a big day at work to just sit and talk with, and more importantly, someone that could love me for me. If that person also happened to be gorgeous, smart and sexy, well that wouldn't be so bad, would it?

I sat back up and hauled my ass out of bed, my muscles aching. I let out a deep sigh, I really needed a shower.

---

Bianca's POV:

"Here's your coffee, and I need you to sight these so I can file them away" Julia said handing me my coffee mug and putting a stack of files on my desk. "Thanks J" I said smiling at her. "How was dinner with your parents last night?" I asked, crossing my legs as she sat down on the empty chair across from me. "Eh, was alright I guess" she said shrugging her shoulders, her perfectly flat ironed hair falling down her shoulders. I smiled, she had obviously taken a little extra time in getting ready this morning.

Just as Julia was about to continue talking, the clinic phone rang and she leaped out of her chair, running back to her desk to answer it. I smoothed down my fitted, black pencil skirt and looked down at my patient list for the day, checking to see who was next. Taking a large sip of my caramel latte, I picked up my iPad and exited my office, heading to the treatment rooms to see my next patient.

---

I laughed at Julia as I stabbed a piece of chicken with my fork, the both of us sitting at her desk as we ate lunch. "So he's really sweet and all, but I just don't know where it's going" Julia said with a sigh, dragging her fork through her noodles. I chuckled, "I'm starting to see a pattern here J, maybe you just need to give him a chance?" I asked, putting a forkful of chicken and lettuce into my mouth. Julia scoffed, "Maybe you need to take you're own advice B!" she retorted, smirking when I poked my tongue out of her.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my salad. Julia was referring to a guy I had been seeing a few weeks ago. His name was Sam, and he was nice - on paper, he did everything right. He was attractive, he made me laugh and he was good in bed. But there was just no spark, there was none of that feeling of butterflies in my stomach, no nervousness when I saw him, no heart racing when we were together. I was after real love - I wanted all of those feelings, those raw feelings that shocked you to your very core. I was sick of going on dates and coming home disappointed. Was it so bad to want the guy that I fall in love with to be perfect?

"Okay well I'm gonna go finish some paperwork, let me know when my next patient comes in" I said over my shoulder, walking back into my office. I took a large sip of my coffee and checked my phone, finding at least one message from each of the girls asking if I'd seen Chris yet. I laughed and decided to leave my phone for the moment and try to - or at least attempt to, get some of my paperwork for the day done.

---

"Make sure you do your exercises Frank, at least 3 times a week. And remember, I'll be able to tell if you don't" I said pointing to Frank Williams, another of my long-time patients. He had been in a bad car accident and had been left so badly injured that he was unable to walk. Now, almost a year later, I was proud to say he was able to walk again, unassisted and by himself. "Oh c'mon Bianca, you know I always do" Frank said grinning as he shuffled out of the clinic, waving goodbye to Julia and myself. "See you Friday" I yelled out to him, leaning my hip against the desk and taking a sip of my now cold coffee.

"Okay how long till my next one?" I asked turning to Julia, looking at her expectantly, "Do I have time to do my notes for Frank?". She opened her mouth to speak when she was abruptly interrupted, the two of us immediately turning towards the door. "Sorry I'm a little late!" he said apologetically, smiling gorgeously at Julia and in turn. I let out a silent breath and readjusted my glasses, my eyes taking in the bright, blue eyes and breath taking smile, my own lips parting in an involuntary grin. "You just couldn't stay away could you Cap?"