Chapter 32

Bianca's POV:

"Well if it isn't Mrs Captain America" Paige said with a playful smirk as I walked into her apartment. Cass and Maddy were already there, sitting around the dark granite island bench and sipping on large espresso martinis. I pulled a face at her and bent down to give her cat Midnight a quick cuddle, smiling as she pushed her black, fluffy body into me and purred loudly. "Hey girls" I said with a smile, walking around the bench and kissing each of them on the cheek, pausing to check out the oven and find out what was responsible for the delicious smell in the air. "Your martini babe" Paige said, handing me the frosted glass as I sat down on the bar stool. I took it gratefully - if there was one thing I desperately needed right now, it was a cocktail. A cocktail, and my girlfriends.

"So before I get into the details, how are you?" I asked the three of them, taking a sip of my drink and feeling my body relax as the creamy, coffee flavoured liquid slid down my throat. Cass proceeded to talk about work - how she had been assigned to mentor three new graduate nurses, two of which, were apparently hopeless. Paige was otherwise good - work was going well for her and she had ended up going home with someone after her sister's party on Saturday night. Despite not sharing many details with us - typically unheard of for Paige since she had the tendency to over share, the three of us assumed that the guy must have been pretty damn good considering she was planning to see him again tomorrow night - also unheard of for Paige.

"What about you Mads?" I asked, taking another sip of my almost empty martini and resting my cheek on my hand, "How did you go meeting Tom's parents?". Her face lit up with a smile as soon as she started talking about Tom - how, despite a pretty bad hangover from Saturday night, she still managed to be her adorable, charming self when meeting her future in-laws. Paige, Cass and I all smiled - we all knew she'd make the perfect daughter-in-law. I watched as she spoke animatedly about how great Tom's mother was, and I suddenly wondered if a wedding would be on the cards somewhere in the near future. She and Tom were so ridiculously, adorably in love - granted it had only been a few months, but still, they seemed to be made for each other.

"Alright B, your turn. How's the Captain?" Cass asked, standing up from her stool and getting out the vanilla vodka for a second round of martinis. "How was Saturday night?" Maddy asked with a cheeky grin and I stared at her for a second, wondering how much she actually remembered from the party. "Do you even remember getting home?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, draining the last of my drink and handing the empty glass to Cass, "Miss 'you-guys-are-the-bestest-friends-ever" I teased, imitating a drunken Maddy. "Yes" she quipped back, her voice full of attitude, "I remember meeting Chris and everything". She pulled a face at me and I poked my tongue out at her in return, watching as her face split into a grin.

"Don't change the subject Bianca. We haven't heard from you all weekend and we are willing to forgive you for that huge violation of the girlfriend code if you tell us everything" Paige interrupted with a grin, taking the cocktail shaker from Cass and shaking it in the air. Cass opened the oven to check on the food before sitting down across from me and resting her chin in her hands. "Spill".

---

"So he finishes filming tonight and he flies home tomorrow. I just really want to see him". I looked around the table at the three girls, watching their faces as they processed everything I had just shared with them over dinner. I had told them all about him our game of strip beer pong and - although in not too much detail, about our amazing sex after it. Paige of course had been all ears at that point, a mischievous grin plastered across her face the entire time. I told them about breakfast the next morning and then our day out at Eagle Rock - Maddy in particularly smiling like a little girl when I showed them the photos I had taken on my phone, and finally about Chris introducing me to his mother on Skype later than night. Paige's eyebrows shot up on her forehead when I mentioned his mum and I knew she was having a hard time processing the fact that I had already been introduced to his mother after only one week.