"Oh. I've lived here my whole life." I said. Lying.

"I know." He said.

"You know?" I asked.

"Yeah, Dad talked about you all the time, but since you changed your name, he couldn't find you, he spent years trying but couldn't. So he just talked about you a lot, well, wrote about you." he said.

"Wrote?" I asked.

"Ever heard of a book called, 'Found Missing.' "

"yeah. It's on London's best seller list!" I said, I've wanted to read it but never got around to it.

"Know how no one knows the author since it's anon?" 

"yeah? Your point?" I asked.

"that's just it, if you read it, you would know it was my father, our father. And he didn't want you to not read it because it was by him, so he did it anonymous in hope you would read it and find him." He said. My mouth dropped.

"I tried looking for him but he never responded!" I said.

"That's because all the calls and letters my mother got rid of, she didn't want you ruining everything she had." he said.

This is insane. I can't believe that witch!

"That's why I left, I went to London for school because I needed to get away from her, and find you." He said.

"Me?" I said.

"I didn't think you were all that terrible. I read all your letters, I'm sorry...but I know your life, Niall...everything." He said.

"I don't mind...honestly, but why?" I asked.

"because I wanted to meet a girl, my sister who was like me, who would understand me, because they don't." He said.

"And I would?" I asked.

"Yes. You play soccer, for fun. I love it, it's my passion and they get it, but I don't want it to be my life. And they pushed me over the edge...I got into drugs and stuff..and...and.." I watched tears form in his eyes.

"hold on." I grabbed his hand and we ran through the church and into a room in the back.

As soon as I closed the door, he hugged me.

"What happened?" I asked

"I was with this girl for a while and I wasn't ready for sex yet, I was 15...and she was 17. And one night while we were making out she tied me down to the bed posts, and duct taped my mouth, and she pulled my pants down........she raped me Cassie." He cried into my shoulders.

"It's okay. I know the feeling. I know I know." I patted his head. I know what it's like...John did that to me. Nasty, nasty things. I didn't want to re-live that part of my life..and he had to. We were the same broken person. Half of each other.

"And the worst part is, I had to keep it quiet, and I had to let her do it, or she would kill my sister and my father. and she would kill me. And I knew she would. She was that type of girl. That's what made me so attracted to her. She was a badass and I was that school, soccer junky type of kid. Straight A's...valedictorian..and she ruined all that. Because my grades slipped and I got into drugs..but one night, I couldn't take it anymore. So I packed my bags. and when she tried to come over, I didn't let her stop me.." he said.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I knocked her out, and I left....no note.. when she woke up the police were there...I called them saying she was an intruder..but then later on, I came back, gave my statement and she's in jail for 15 years..she was 18 when that happened because the whole thing went on for a year and I kept my mouth shut.." he said.