Part Three: Forty Three

I stared at the girl in the mirror, who stared back at me. She looked so different, so unusual.

She looked happy and excited, hopeful and somewhat pretty.

The one day I had been waiting for had finally arrived, and I was going to see them all together on the happiest day of their lives. They were home, witnessing a wedding that had been planned for years, and we were all together again.

I wore a long light green dress. It was fancy and delicate. I hadn't dressed like this in a very long time, and the whole feeling felt strange and unusual to me.

"Mum?" Emilee walked into my bedroom, with a floral dress on, her hair tied back in a plaited bun. Hitch walked in behind her.

I grinned. "Well don't you look gorgeous."

She smiled and blushed.

"Thank you so much," I said to Hitch, smiling at her. She nodded, leaving against the doorframe.

"No problem. You look lovely Annie. That dress really suits you."

"You think?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Thank you Aunty Hitch! I love it!" Emilee said.

She grinned down at Emilee, and gave her a hug. "Have fun at the wedding you two."

"I'm sure we will. You'll be okay for a few days?"

"Of course, don't worry."

"Great."

"Bye!"

"Bye."

I watched at she left, then Emilee ran into me, hugging me tightly.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Okay darling. Get your shoes on."

"Okay," she answered, leaving the room. I turned back to the mirror, adjusting my fringe. I was putting my fingers through it, when I stopped, then stopped to tuck it behind my ear, the way Armin would always do it. I looked different, showing my whole face, but I soon felt comfortable with the person I saw in front of me, and relaxed. I then left the room, and went downstairs to the front door.

We left the house, and an MP carriage was waiting for us. I nodded at the driver, and we got in.

The journey to Trost took a while, but the view was beautiful and for once, I was going to enjoy myself at the destination.

Once we arrived, I jumped out and Emilee grabbed my hand. She looked nervous, then I realised that she hadn't been to Trost before, and this whole experience must be overwhelming for her. I hugged her with one arm, and she frowned.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. We're going to see dad, and all of my friends. They'll love you, don't sorry."

She nodded. "Okay."

The sun shone brightly over the city, as it reached noon.

"The wedding is in an hour. Lets go find something quick to eat, yeah?"

"Okay!" She smiled. We continued on into the main square. I hoped maybe we would see some of them there, but they weren't. It was quite early for lunch brakes, so the whole place was very quiet.

We found a bakery and bought two light sandwiches, choosing to sit outside in the sun by a the river.

As Emilee ate, she leaned on my shoulder.

"This place is pretty."

"It is. Remember I told you about that titan fight I was in?"

"Oh, yeah?"

"Well, that was here. I remember swinging from the buildings over there, killing them. The city's changed a lot since then."

"Wow. Cool!"

We ate in silence for a few more minutes, until we finished. Then we got up and took a walk. We passed a few people, who smiled as they saw our nice clothes, and some even waved and said hello as they noticed who I was. Throughout, Emilee stayed close by.

We managed to do quite a big lap of the city, and kill some time. The big clock tower we passed said it was five minutes to one.

My stomach then keeled over at the thought of seeing everybody again, in the best way. I only wanted to see Armin. After all this time. We were so close.

"Lets go, shall we?" I asked. Emilee nodded excitedly, and we started making our way to the park where it was held.

It was a few minutes walk.

The park was lovely. Completely empty except for the white scenery in one corner where the wedding was. We walked over quickly.

Once we were in clear view, my mouth dropped open and I froze.

Not only was the venue beautiful, the setting was perfect. The rows of chairs were covered in white cloth, with bright, colourful flowers tied to each of them. Then there was a floral archway, where Connie, Jean and the vicar stood underneath. Almost all of the seats were full with the familiar faces of the Scouts. My friends. They were all too busy talking amongst each other, that they couldn't see me.

I looked lovingly at all of them. I could tell who each of them were immediately, even with their backs turned.

There were two chairs on either side of the isle, where Sasha would walk down. Reiner, Bertholdt, Ymir and Christa sat near the front, behind four empty seats. Behind them was the remainder of Sasha's family, and a few other friends from the Scouts. The wedding was small, but perfect in every single way.

Three obvious people were missing though. I remained where I was, stood in the middle of the path, looking towards them. Emilee grabbed my hand. We walked forward, hoping they would notice me as we walked nearer.

But then I stopped, and this time I swear my legs froze to the ground, and my mouth could have easily fallen off.

Emilee gasped, and ran straight towards him, as he rounded the corner about thirty feet away.

The look of absolute delight and shock on his face as he saw his daughter run towards him, made me start to cry.

Mikasa and Eren were right behind him, staring at our daughter with enormous grins. They were all dressed up for the occasion, looking happy and excited.

Armin's gaze never left her eyes as he lifted her up. They were laughing and smiling, then hugging and crying.

Then he looked up, and his beautiful blue eyes met mine.