Chapter Twenty One

Vanity's pov

Many weeks had gone by until one morning I was sitting on the couch and Caine had a day off from alpha duties and was sitting with me with a one month old Emery in my arms after we had finished dinner.

I can't believe how fast this month had gone by. I'm so lucky to have been gifted a mate who accpeted me, even when I was at my lowest. And to have a perfectly healthy son with him.

Then the doorbell rang.

I know that's not something to be making a big out of and I didn't think it was. Caine opened it and a woman about twenty with a baby stood in the doorway.

"Libby?" He asked. "Who's this?" I asked as I walked up to him at the doorway eyeing Libby keeping Emery in my arms.

"I use to have a thing with her before I met you." He said. "I'm assuming you're his mate." Libby said. I nodded. "I'm not here go break you guys up." She said.

"I just wanted to let you know that I found my mate, but Caine this is your baby." She said.

I let that sink in. That Caine's kid? She said that it was but how can I know for sure?

"How can we know you're telling the truth?" I asked. "You guys can get a blood test. She's human and only a day old. We didn't name her and my mate doesn't want to keep her since she's another man's child." She said.

"Ok." Caine said. "I'll get a blood test." She handed him the baby and I felt jealousy that he had another kid but it was before he met me and its not the baby's fault.

She then ran into the woods after shifting into her wolf.

We decided he would go to the pack doctor to see if she was his child and I would stay back with Emery. I waited and waited as Caine was testing the baby.

What will we do if she is his? How will we explain this to everyone?

About thirty minutes later Caine came back with the baby in his arms. "Well?" I asked. He had a numb expression on his face. "She's mine." He said.

I was shocked. He has another kid with another woman. Looks like he finally got the three kids he wanted. The baby girl, Emery, and Celeste. I put Emery in the playpen and Caine put the baby girl in there with him.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. "We keep her." He said. "But how do we explain this to everyone? To them when they grow up that they have different moms but the same dad?" I asked.

"We'll go by what the pack doctor told me most people would believe." He said. "Which is?" I asked. "We tell everyone they're twins and that the baby wasn't breathing properly so we had to keep her away from other pack members until we knew she would live."

"What do we tell Emery and the child?" I asked. "The same thing. We'll wait until she finds her mate so that she won't be looked down upon for not being the alpha and the luna's child. She's human and probably got that from my mom but will most likley get a mate." He said.

"Ok. What should we name here?" I asked. "Keep the E so it makes them sound like twins with both of their names starting with E's." He said. "Well I like Eliana." I said.

(Not Elaina like Elliot's mate. Eliana. Not Elaina, Eliana)

"Ok that'll work." He said. "Well looks like we have to go get more baby stuff." I said. "Yeah, I'll go, I should be back in twenty or thirty minutes." He said.

He left and I picked up Eliana and held her in my arms. She's now my child. Not by blood, but I'll be the closest thing to it.

I don't care if she isn't mine, I'll love her anyway. Life is no fun with grudges. Especially since it's not her fault.

I put her back in and closed my eyes taking a deep brethe. I really hope I can breatsfeed her without being her birthmom. I'm sure I could, I'll just ask the pack doctor.

I laid back keeping my eyes closed. How did life get so messed up so quick. Everything was perfect yesterday. Time for a change.

I'm just not so sure it's a good one.

_____________

I faintly felt someone grab me and carry me up the stairs. I was too tired to open my eyes to see who it was but since there were small tingles and my wolf was at ease, I figured it was Caine.

I felt my body be laid down on a bed and blankets fall on my and soon I was sound asleep.

_________

Caine's pov

I laid Vanity down in our bed. I decided not to wake her up and just put her to bed since by the time I got back it was nine thirty and she seemed pretty tired.

I felt so bad for having a kid that wasn't hers. And no I didn't cheat. Eliana was concieved before I met Vannity. Besides Vanity would've felt it if I cheated.

I don't understand how she is so accepting about this. She is a great person at heart and doesn't deserve this shit.

I really hope the pack believes Eliana really is Emery's twin. We'll have to say she looks like a newborn because of the breathing issues and she was born smaller or something. I'll have to ask the pack doctor.

I went back downstairs and picked up Emery and carried him to his room and put him in his crib. It looked big enough to put Eliana in with him for the night. I'd set her room up tomorrow.

I took Eliana up and looked at her. She's my child. I really hope Vanity feels like Eliana is her's even though they aren't related by blood.

I set her down next to him and left the room quielty shutting the door. I walked into Vanity and I's bedroom and put on some sweatpants and took my shirt off and and laid down next to her and wrapped my arm around her.

I don't know why Vanity sticks around with me. But whatever reason, I'm thankful for it.

A/N I'm sorry it's short but it took me forever to find ways to word this. Anywhale I'm glad you guys love this story and I'm so sad it's almost over but please tell me what you guys think and please comment!