Chapter nine

Bella's pov

My mate's name is Vincent. He's the leader of a vampire coven. Which one is a mystery. I was never allowed to get involved with that stuff. 

Vincent wanted to fake my death so they wouldn't come looking for me. Yes I told him about my old ways but it's not like I can kill a vampire. 

I wanted to become one but he won't let me. Oh well I'm not dead.

___________ 

Vanity's pov

 I sat thinking about my out lash on my mom. Had I been too hard? No. She left me. If she wanted me she would've at least told me. I kept tons of secrets I wouldn't have told. She can't just walk into my life and act like everything is ok when it's not.

I don't care the three days grace version started playing. Music influenced my life a lot. 

I try to make it through my life. In my way there's you. I try to make it through these lies. That's all I do. Just don't deny it just don't deny it and deal with it. Ya deal with it.

It's sad when songs like this help you get through life. It's even more sad when almost every word you can relate to.

I felt unwanted again. Maybe I should just go back. But what would that do? Maybe I could go rouge? But I wouldn't survive. Then again...

No quit thinking about suicide Vanity! But it would solve everything. I got it!

Caine told me my mom and her new family are staying at the pack house leaving us alone. Thank God. I have a plan. 

That night we laid in bed and he had his arm wrapped around my waist. Minor set back to the plan but not unexpected. 

I waited for him to sleep and I laid in his arms. I'll miss this. If I can feel when I arrive.

I felt his body relax and knew he was asleep. I managed my way out of his grasp and headed downstairs as quietly as I could. I sat at the kitchen table with a pencil and piece of paper. 

Dear whoever gives two shits,

I can't live like this anymore. Feeling unwanted and just a heavy burden isn't the best. I know some tried to love me which makes this hard but all I have to do is remember the stares and abuse and I can do it. So for all you who cared at one point here it is. 

Mom- I know you loved me. Whatever your reasons were I forgive you.

Elliot- Thanks for being such a good brother. I know you'll make a good alpha one day and I'm proud to call you my brother.

Caine- I'm so sorry for doing this. I know this will kill you but I'm sure you'll find someone better than me as a mate and a Luna. A lot of girls are willing too. I wish I wasn't like this. So you could have a normal mate without the emotion shit I'll have with me forever. So I guess this is goodbye. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. 

I'm sorry to all of you. I really am. I just feel like it's not worth it any more. 

-Vanity

I folded the paper and set it on the table. 

Since Bella was human they would have pills here somewhere. I looked everywhere until I found a bottle hidden in a cabinet. I pulled out a handful and threw them away. And swallowed the remainder in the bottle. I walked around feeling dizzy but found another bottle and swallowed all of them. 

Soon I started to see black spots and I felt like passing out. I fell on the ground with a half empty bottle in my hand and let darkness take over.

Caine's pov

I awoke to a loud thud coming from downstairs. I noticed Vanity was no longer in bed. I jolted up and ran downstairs and saw her unconscious with a pill bottle in her hand with pills all over the floor around her. I ran over to her side and picked her up caring her to the pack house to see the pack doctor. 

I mind linked her that we had another situation. I also mind linked someone to tell her mom. 

I could feel Vanity's heartbeat decreasing and I was getting worried. She was out cold. She can't die. Oh please don't die.

The doctor was ready when we got in there. 

"Set her on the bed I need to check some things." she said and I did that. I sat in a chair and watched as she changed her in a hospital gown and set her lifeless body on the infirmary bed. Emily (Vanity's mom) came in looking horrified. It must be terrifying to see your daughter lifeless on a hospital like bed. 

Sitting in the chair next to me both in the edge of our seats as we watched Vanity getting her stomach pumped looking helpless. I looked at her mom and tears were silently rolling down her face. 

"Ok all the pills have exit her system now we just wait. The pills she took were extremely dangerous taken all at once. I honestly don't know if she'll survive. if anything happens you tell me ok." the pack doctor said and I nodded. 

We sat there for hours watching her. My beta was taking care of all pack duties until we know how'll she be. He hasn't found his mate yet but he said he understands. Every so often Emily would leave to check on her husband and kids. Plus she is pregnant. I felt sad thinking about children. If Vanity dies we won't ever have kids. I won't ever move on. But I'll think positive. She won't die. Right?

Just then the machine hooked up to Vanity started beeping like crazy. I mind linked the doctor while Emily jumped up at the same time as me. 

The doctor came in and started doing doctor things in a panic and hurry. She even did CPR and that's when I knew she was dying. Tears formed in my eyes as I watched my mate's eyes snap open and roll back and they shut again. 

The machine beeped fully as the pack doctor looked down. 

"We lost her."

A/N Oh me gosh she died. I'm so sad. Don't worry the story isn't over tho there's still more to come. I should update soon I hope