Chapter five

Vanity's pov

They're kidding right? I thought he didn't want me to go? Well I guess he doesn't want me here. He probably pitied me and my old life that he didn't want me to go back. Or he wants me for answers about my pack.

Like they tell me shit.

I sighed and got up. "Ok lets go." I had to be in front incase I ran off. It made me realize that I didn't know my way around here, well not that it matters.

We got in the car and drove off but I didn't pay attention to the ride and ignored him the whole time.

He didn't want me. That was it.

We pulled up to a wide brick building which I'm guessing is bluebird. It's for werewolves so I won't have to hide anything. We got in there and a bright and happy blonde with scrubs on was behind the front desk.

"Hi welcome to Blue Bird what can I do for you?" she said bright and happy. What is it eight in the morning? How is she happy?

"Yes hi I'm Alpha Caine from the river light pack and this is my mate our pack doctor sent her here." Caine said. She looked on her computer and typed some things. "Name?" She asked. "Vanity Freestone." I said.

She typed some more things and looked at me. "Ok Vanity I need you to come over here I need to get you picture."

I walked over to the tiny camera and she held it up and typed something on the computer again and took the picture.

"Ok Caine, I need you to fill these forms out you can take a seat over there. My name is Crystal and if you need anything just let me know." She said, handing Caine a clipboard.

We went over to the chairs and sat while he asked me questions and filled them out. "Vanity could you come here please?" Crystal asked and got up and went over there.

"Ok sweetie what's your clothes size? I'm guessing zero you look like you haven't eaten in days, I hope your mate isn't abusing you." She said, so casually I might add, and handed me heather gray sweats.

"I'll need you to come around here and change. I need to make sure you don't have any possessions with you." She said. I nodded and went to the back to change. I did feel weird being watched though.

"Ok, say goodbye remember you can visit for one hour everyday" She said as I walked back out. Wait they can visit? They probably won't. It's a forty minute drive, they have better things to do.

Caine pulled me into a hug and squeezed me, which caught me off guard. I hugged him back for what seemed like hours, and I felt safe.

The last time I felt safe was before my mom died.

Crystal cleared her throat. "Ok, well you can see each other tomorrow. This takes all day to get settled in." We pulled apart and I felt cold.

She waited for him to leave before another woman came out, who looked like she was in her forties, and she escorted me to a hallway plain doors.

She stopped at one and unlocked it. So they keep these doors locked? She walked in and yelled "Jo you have a new roommate!"

Wait roommate? Oh great, note the sarcasm.

Let the torture begin.

Caine's pov

I walked out and watched them take her into the other room. It took the pack doctor a lot of convincing to make me send her here. I saw the way that Crystal looked at me and her.

She judged us and I don't want Vanity to be there but Diamond, or whatever her name is is just a receptionist.

When I got back to the pack house I called a pack meeting for teens and older. As soon as everybody arrived, I started.

"Ok so as some of you may know we got into a little thing with the neighboring pack yesterday. Well, that happened because my mate, and your Luna, was the daughter of the alpha. Thanks to her and her brother, we are finally at peace with them." Everyone cheered for being at peace and having a new luna.

"But unfortunately, she can't be here right now because well she isn't very stable. Emotionally. So today she went to a place to get better. So when she comes back I want everyone to treat her amazingly. Her old pack treated her horridly."

Everyone nodded and agreed, sir I ended the meeting.

Liza, one of the stupid sluts I dated months ago before breaking it off, came up to me.

"Don't waste your time with her. You should let her stay wherever she is" She "purred", trying to sound seductive but sounded like a dying cat.

She started trailing her fingers up my chest and I grabbed her arm.

"Touch me like this again it won't be pretty. And if you disrespect you luna, you won't like what I do." After that I walked off. I can't wait for Vanity to come back.

It's going to be a long week, let the torture begin.