Chapter three

Vanity's pov

I woke up only to run to the sink and vomit all of the disintegrated pills I had swallowed earlier. I heard the door open and I knew it was Bella.

She saw the empty pill bottle and gasped, calling the pack doctor. The woman rushed and grabbed me. They all knew what I had done.

All I remember was being put on a bed getting my stomach pumped before drifting away hearing words I was happy to hear.

"We're loosing her."

_______________________

I woke up in the same room. So I guess I survived. Am I really that horrible I don't deserve to die, I have to be tortured on earth? "Doctor she's awake." Bella said.

Yeah, definitely alive. The doctor walked over to me. "How are you feeling?" She asked

"Like shit." I mumbled. Since she's a werewolf I know she heard.

"Well two suicide attempts isn't very pleasant and you almost died if we didn't save your liver." Great now I'm broken physically too.

'You did that' My wolf reminded me, I ignored her. I didn't need her bitching to me.

"The alpha will be in here shortly, we'll have to leave for that, okay?" I nodded.

I turned on my side away from the door as they walked out and I was hit by the most amazing smell, I can't even describe it.

I could sense the power in the atmosphere, and I knew I was smelling the alpha.

"Look at me." His husky angelic voice broke my thoughts.

I wasn't trying to be difficult when I wasn't turning around. But after everything today I just didn't have the energy to turn around, even though I was dying to see the face that belonged to this man.

I stayed in the position I was in, and I knew I was pushing my luck.

"Turn around" He said sounding pissed off. I sat up with as much energy as I could and faced him.

'Mate' My wolf said happily. Uh hell no.

"Mine" He growled, stalking to my side. My wolf pushed me to hug him, and I couldn't control her.

He squeezed his arms tightly around me then, he remembered why he was here. "Why did you try to kill yourself?"

I pulled away. "Well um uh-" Before I could answer the door opened and Bella came in.

"So what is the plan?" Bella asked. The alpha smiled. "She's staying. She's my mate." He said proudly as if he was proud to have me as a mate.

I had to hold back a scoff. I mean, seriously? You're proud to have me as a mate? Is he mentally handicapped?

I wouldn't have a problem with that, and that would explain why he wasn't repulsed by me and rejected me on the spot.

"Well she can't stay too long." The pack doctor said. "What the fuck are you trying to say?!" He yelled.

"She has been evaluated and we decided to send her to a place called blue bird."

What's that and why does that have the same name as the charm on my bracelet? I asked myself.

"That's a place where suicidal people get help. It's like a mental hospital, but it isn't."

No I won't go there. I hate it, people never understand.

"No." I said. "I won't go there. You guys have met me so now all I want to do is go home."

I really don't care if I'm his mate or not, I don't want to be here.

"No, you aren't going to that place, but you aren't leaving me either" The alpha whispered in my ear, though everyone could hear it.

"Now alpha, I mean no disrespect but this is for her own good. Lot's of werewolves have gone there and come back happy. She has severe depression." The doctor said.

I looked down as I felt his gaze on me. I didn't need pity.

"Give us time" He said, motioning everyone to leave. When they left, he got up and started pacing and I watched him. I really wanted to know his name.

'Vanity are you ok?' My brother mind linked me.

'Yeah, well I'm sorta the alpha's mate...'

'Crap,don't worry we'll come get you.'

'Okay.'

After that conversation I regretted it. I really didn't want to go back or stay here.

I wanted to die.

It was just so simple, I die. That fixes everyone's problems including mine. They won't have to worry about taking care of me being a burden and I get out of this life.

"I need you to talk to me Vanity, I want to help you." He said. Yeah right. He probably would pity me if we weren't mates. Who am I kidding? He probably pities me anyway.

"Please let me die. You don't have to pretend you care. I know you don't" I could barley whisper. I looked up at his face to see hurt.

"Why would you think that?" He asked, hurt but also angry. I shook my head. My wolf is pissed for upsetting him.

"I have to go, our enemy pack is on our land, but I'll be back as soon as possible." He said, kissing my cheek and walking out the door.

Oh shit. I knew that was my brother.

After he left I jumped out the window and followed him and everyone else that was going out there.

I stayed in the back as I heard my dad and mate yelling. And this is all because of me. I walked backwards and hit a tree. the branches look pretty sturdy. Maybe I should test them.

I started climbing and once I got to the top I looked down at the arguing. It's all my fault.

I looked at the empty ground below me. It looked so hard that it looked soft. I'll stop the fighting the only way we all win. I stood up and let my body go limp.

I loved the feeling of the air pushing against my body. Right when I expected to hit the ground I found myself in a pair of arms that sent tingles through my body.