Chapter eight

Vanity's pov

I hate this. It's been a week since I left and I have to go to this out of hospital therapy. But the worst part is talking about it. I go once a week but it's a different therapist. I hate having to re explain everything. I don't want to talk about it.

So basically I'm not 'better'.

Bella has been missing the past week. Caine has been looking for her, but won't let me get involved. For some reason I know she's fine but I'll stay out of it.

Oh, and did I mention my mom is alive?

So I'm going through the alphas of the other packs and their mates because I'm supposed to be luna, and I see the alpha of the shadow pack and my mom. Turns out she was his mate and she faked her death. And she left me. But I haven't told Caine yet. I know he'll make me see her. And I don't think I'm ready for that.

Why couldn't I not be a werewolf? Have a normal family who love me? Who didn't hurt me. Who wouldn't hurt me.

Today I'm getting introduced to the pack and I'm scared. What if they hate me like my old pack? Caine said they won't hate their luna but my old pack hated my 'dead' mom.

I wanted to cry so bad but I won't. I decided to prove to myself I'm not weak and I won't shed a tear.

Ugh it's been three weeks and I'm still a mess. I'm surprised Caine didn't reject me yet.

I'm laying in bed and pandora is playing. I still like rock. Relatable music is the best kind. Except the song that came on. Until the end by breaking Benjamin. I wish I could be so sure.

"How are you feeling?" Caine poked his head through the door. "Fine" I lied. He moved over to the bed. "We found Bella," He said. "Well, actually we found her scent and her blood. She's dead."

I know what she did and that it was bad but she didn't deserve to die. I know deep down he loves her. After all she's his little sister.

I hugged him. "I know this hurts you." I said. He hugged me back.

"Well it's time to meet the pack." he said wiping a tear away. I shook my head. "I know they'll hate me. Everyone hates me." I muttered the last part.

"They'll love you, I promise. Besides, I need to announce Bella's death and I want you there with me."

I nodded and got up. Better get it over with and out of the way, right?

Everything will eventually end.

He grabbed my hand and we got up and left.

We arrived at this room and walked into it to see many people there. I started to feel insecure about myself.

I was wearing an old t-shirt and sweats, no make up, and my black hair was tangled. Where as the girls my age were wearing tank tops that exposed their big boobs and mini skirts. The right amount of make up on and their hair was perfect.

They were eying me weird and I could tell they were sluts. But I won't judge. Although I could tell they wanted Caine. I noticed their size zero figures except their's weren't bony like mine. I felt weird like crawling into a whole forever.

"Everyone may I have your attention please?" Caine said. Everyone snapped their eyes in his direction.

"As you know I found my mate. Here she is Vanity" he said proudly. As if he was proud to be my mate. Probably an act for his pack. Soon everyone was cheering except for the three girls I saw earlier. They were just glaring at me.

"But now I have some sad news. Bella has been found. Well her scent and blood were along with shreds of her clothing. We believe she was attacked and killed." Everyone had sad looks on their faces including the girls who I assumed were her friends since one was about to cry.