Chapter six

Vanity's pov

When they said it takes all day to get settled in, they weren't kidding. You need to get settled in the room, meet your roommate, and learn the rules.

1. Don't talk about suicide to your roommate or any patient.

2. Only leave the room when being escorted by a staff member.

3. Try to be positive.

4. When visitors come don't tell them about any of the stuff you've been doing.

5. Do not share food.

6. If a treatment isn't working, tell your therapist immediately.

7. No makeup.

8. No sharp objects on the unit.

9. No leaving the unit.

10. Do not spread hate.

11. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.

12. Do not share clothes or other toiletries.

13. Do not talk to patients of the opposite sex, you're here to get better not engage in romantic behaviors.

14. If rules are violated and you witnessed it, but don't report it, you'll be punished.

Werewolves from the whole country come here. I have a roommate named Jo, who's sixteen and she's really nice.

Her mate is the beta of her pack and he rejected her. Then raped her, got her pregnant, then when she had the baby, took the baby and kicked her out. Rogues found her when she attempted suicide and took her to a pack doctor. And now she's here.

We get along and I told her my story too and she doesn't judge me. It feels really good. We have these things called group where we have group counseling and we also have individual therapy as well. One of each each day.

I don't start until tomorrow though. At the end of the day this place didn't seem so bad. I felt kind of unwanted again when Jo had a rogue visit her. Probably because no one will visit me.

Pushing that aside I laid in bed and went to sleep.

_________

At seven in the morning there was a loud knock on the door. "get up girls" It yelled. Ugh I forgot about yesterday. I sat up and a tear slid down my face remembering how unwanted I felt when I got here.

I sighed and sat up. I noticed Jo was still taking some time to wake up so I walked to the bathroom. There surprisingly wasn't a mirror which I thought was weird. I'll have to ask someone about that later. I walked out and Jo was finally up. "hey how did she sleep?" she asked. I smiled. "Great" I said. "How can you stand the beds?" she asked. They weren't amazing beds. "They're better than the bed I had at my old pack." I said.

The door opened and a woman opened it. "Jo It's time for your individual of the day." she said and Jo got up and walked out.

Jo's pov

I walked with Amelia down the hall to my individual. My counselor Dr. Palsy has helped me a lot after everything. The thing is I'm getting better. Which means I'll need to leave. But I have no clue where I'll go.

The door opened and Dr. Palsy came out. "Good morning Jo. I have something prepared today. I hope this will help." he said. But I trust him.So I'll do it. But what happened was not what I was expecting.

Sitting in a chair was my mate. Levi. He looked so happy to see me and my wolf wanted me to run up to him and never leave him. But I couldn't.

"I'm going to leave you alone. You can do this Jo." Dr. Palsy said and walked out.

"Jo please listen to me." Levi said. He should explain. I sat down and said "Alright." he had so much hope in his eyes.

"When I found out you were my mate I was mad. Not at you but because I didn't want a mate at the time. So I rejected you. But my wolf overcame me and he well you know." he said. I nodded I knew. "Anyway when I found out you were pregnant I didn't want you or the baby. But when he was a boy I had to take him because he would be beta after me. So I had to take him and me being my stupid self I had you kicked out." I looked into his eyes and he had regret in them. Could he really be feeling this?

"When you left I realized I was stupid. We have a kid and I shouldn't have rejected my mate. I felt so stupid so I started looking for you. When I found a place that had your blood I got mad. After two months of tracking I found you here. And now I'm here and I can't believe how much of an idiot I was hell I probably sound like one too. But please forgive me." he said.

If there's one thing I've learned here is that I shouldn't trust anyone not even my wolf. Listen to my head and heart. And they say forgive him for us and our son. But if he slips up no going back. I sighed and moved over closer to him showing it's ok.

I hugged him and he didn't hesitate to hug back. We were gonna be together. Our son would have a family. The latest I get out is a week and the earliest is two days from today. Dr. Palsy came back in. "I see you made up. Well I still need some alone time with Jo so if you could excuse us." he said to Levi. He nodded and left. Could things really be getting better?

Vanity's pov

After Jo left Crystal came up and brought cereal. I ate little and when she came back up she didn't push me to eat. She said if I ate a lot after starving then I would just throw it up and that not eating much was normal. I laid down in bed and relaxed. This is not helping me. All I do is eat and sit in my room. Well we do have counseling everyday but I've yet to have that.

About twenty minutes later the woman who brought me to the room knocked on the door and opened it. "Vanity you have two visitors would you like to see them?" she asked poking her head in the door. I nodded wondering who would visit me. She stepped aside and Bella and Caine walked through the door. I was shocked. I thought he didn't want me. And I met Bella for like ten minutes. So why are they here?

She closed the door and you could hear her lock it. Their faces when it locked was funny. Their eyes widen and it looked like in the movies when the door shuts automatically in a horror.

"Uh Vanity why did they lock the door?" Bella asked. I rolled my eyes. "They have to because I'm in extreme care. I have to be in here at all times unless I've been taken out by a staff member and the door must be locked." I said surprised at the confidence I had in my voice.

"Why are you here anyway? I thought you didn't want me." I said again at Caine. "Why would you think that?" He asked. I suddenly felt shy again. So much for feeling good about myself.

"I'm here. You sent me here." I whispered looking down. "The pack doctor had to convince me to send you here. She told me it was gonna help you." He said. So he did it so I could get better? Yeah, sure.

Just then the door unlocked and Jo came in smiling like a fool. "Vanity you'll never guess what- oh uh hi." she said noticing Caine and Bella.

"Hi I'm Bella." Bella said too happily. "You were right Van she is really happy. Like extremely happy." She said and I had to hold back a laugh while Bella didn't know if she should be offended or what. "Who's this?" Caine asked.

"I'm Jo her roommate and you are?" she asked. Jo has been here awhile and has tons of confidence. "Her mate and this is my sister." he said. She nodded and sat on the bed like nothing happened.

"Well I'll give you guys alone time" she said walking into the bathroom and shut the door.

"So what's it like here?" Caine asked. "I can't answer that." I said. Bella was about to protest but Caine stopped her. "Well this is awkward I'm going to go." Bella said but forgot the door was locked. So Crystal came up and escorted her out. Caine moved close to me on the bed. "Gosh I've missed you so much. I can't wait for you to come back." he said. I hugged him and we sat there in silence comfortable in each other's arms. Until the hour was up and he had to go.

And I was off to my first individual.