S1 • Honest By Now # 10 •

Start from the beginning

"Please sit" he asked as he opening his cabinet which was full with red zip bag. He pulled one down sitting it next to me as he sat back in his chair in front of me. "Are you in a relationship?" He asked. "Not yet, well after today I will be depending on this" I said as he nodded his head. "Okay, are y'all both getting tested?" He asked. "Yes we are" I responded as my leg started to shake. "Don't be nervous, I have to ask these questions" he giggled as it relaxed me a little.

"That's for you, just condoms, lubricant and a hiv and std awareness brochure. Your health is extremely important. Would you like me to review your results with you?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Everything came back negative, we do recommend a follow up within the next six months just to stay positive about your results. So you can take that news and move forward with your new relationship" he said patting my shoulder as I sighed smiling.

I walked into the waiting room as josh was standing by the door. "You ready?" He asked sounding a little annoyed. I noticed he had a blue bag in his hand as he opened the door. "You okay?" I asked as he didn't say anything stepping into the elevator. "Josh!" I screamed at him as he just looked at me. "Yeah I'm good now" he said as he walked out. We turned down an empty hall as I grabbed his hand stopping him. "Look" I said handing him my papers. "I'm yours alright" I said as he read over them.

We walked out the building as he handed it back. "I'll understand if you don't want to move forward with us" he mumbled as he handed me his folded up. "chlamydia is curable and everything else is negative" I said as he had already walked away. I rand up to him grabbing his shoulder. "You're so dramatic bruh" I said laughing as he shook his head still walking. "I love you josh" I said as he stopped in his track turning around. "I love you and yes I'll be your boyfriend" I continued walking up to him.

"The fact that you're doing all this just to make this work is all I've ever wanted. This isn't bad, you'll be fine in a week or two, just don't have sex with anyone until it's all clear from your body." I said as he smirked. "Can't believe that bitch gave me chlamydia though, fuck I knew I should've have fucked her that night bruh, on god I heard this voice in my head saying stop, run nigga" he said as we walked towards the bus stop. "When was this? And who was it with?".

He sat down at the bus stop with his arms folded. He was real upset about this, but he couldn't be mad at anyone. I laughed out loud as he smacked his lips at me. "Bae chill" I whispered sitting next to him. "What's that girl name, ummm a...a...Anohni, that hoe" he said as I sat back slightly rolling my eyes. "I knew it" I sighed really hard as he looked at me. "It was before we got deep into us Yandel" he mumbled as a woman came sat.

"You sure you got it from her?" I asked turning his way. "I'm positive, because I smashed breezy sister raw and she had a check up the next day and she came back good. Than I didn't have sex with anyone after but you and you make me use condoms , than I fucked her and all a sudden I get chlamydia" he whispered as the bus pulled up. I was honestly a little shocked that he's being so open with me about the people he been sleeping with.

"Well you need to tell her, maybe she doesn't know she got it and now she's spreading it. She told me y'all never had sex but I figured something was up because she was acting so clingy towards you. I guess that's what good D do" I joked as he just looked at me with a straight face. "Clearly didn't work on you" he said smirking. "I'm right here ain't I? But it's never about that, your heart is what I want, that's just a bonus" I said as we looked at each other. "Wish I could kiss you" he mumbled making me smile.

"You'll get to that point where you can, we both will" I mumbled as he pulled the bell for the next stop. "You coming to my house?" I asked as he looked a bit sad by the question. "I have no where else to go" he mumbled as the bus came to a stop. "I mean, I'm sure my people wouldn't mind you crashing with me, I'll just make up a lie" I said as we exited the bus. "Naw, I don't want to start us off like that. Not lying to your family" he said walking on the side of me. "Look up bae" I said with my phone up. "Ayyy one for the gram" I said snapping the pic.

"Blessing the world with another one *dj Khalid voice* , I read my caption out loud as I posted the picture

"Blessing the world with another one *dj Khalid voice* , I read my caption out loud as I posted the picture. "We look good together" I mumbled as he laughed. "You cute, but I'm that nigga" he joked liking the pic from his account.

"You never told me what really happen that night you came over? Have you talk with your mom? Why would she put you out?" I asked as I heard him take a deep sigh shrugging his shoulder. "Josh, talk to me seriously. I can't help if we don't communicate" I said pushing his arm. "She's been unhappy for a few years, you know my dad put her through hell than dipped on us. It's been me and her for a while. I got another brother out there but we really don't talk, shit we've spoke once over Facebook, because we had the sam middle and last name" and my sister done even talk to us. She married a white boy and moved to London. he said as we got closer to my house.

"But my brother, He just randomly hit me up and that's when I found out, and my step dad is a drunk. You know I put on this front like my life the shit but it's really sad man. That's why I'm like this, just trying to find my way you know?" He said looking at me. I was starting to feel some type of way as he was telling me his life story. "Don't feel sorry for me I'm good" he said with a giggle as we sat outside the house talking. "I would've never expected all that, you carry yourself like you don't have a care in the world" I said as he laughed.

"That's what you gotta do, the only thing you have control over is your image. Can't have people looking at me the way you're looking at me" he said looking into my eyes. "You know raven use to tell me story's about, how perfect you were, and that she knew she wouldn't be able to keep up with the lifestyle you're planning to have. I remember her calling me your name one time we had sex, I also remember her telling me she didn't deserve you. And she asked me to tell you what we were doing because she couldn't" he said as he put his hand over mine as they rested on the pavement.

"Ever since that day I kelp you on my mind, I wanted to be all she couldn't be, I just didn't know how. That time we hooked up after that party I pretended to be drunk and act like I didn't remember anything, but I remember it all. Your scent, that smile you kelp shooting my way, although you tried to play it smooth. Even the time when we just fucked I wanted to whisper I love you so many time, I wanted you to feel my love that's why I'm so aggressive with you, I love you Yandel, you're the first person I've ever loved like this and that's real shit" he mumbled as I heard the garage letting up.

We stood up moving out the way as my grandparents pulled up parking. "I'm here to stay okay" he whispered as my grandma got out the car smiling. "Hey baby, just picked up some dinner to cook. Grab the bags for me please" she said as my grandpa looked my way. "I'll get them, you my woman" he joked hitting my elbow. "Their so cute man" josh mumbled. "Who's your friend?" She asked walking up to us. "I'm Josh" he said right away shaking my grandma hand. "We don't shake hands, give me a hug" she said hugging him.

"Are you staying for dinner? Yandel never invites people over. You must be a great friend" she said smiling as she walked into the garage. "I got it" I said running up to the car closing the trunk of the car as my grandpa followed my grandma in. "Guess this is the first step to our future" I said laughing. "Yes it is and read this" he said handing me his phone to a open email.
"Admission to Georgia State University, Congratulations man" I said hugging him. "Wow, this is for real?" I asked as he grabbed me by my waist. "This is for real" he replied as he kissed me. "What are we celebrating?" My mom asked clearing her throat standing there with her arms folded.