Chapter Seven

Nicholas above:)

---

*Lilah POV*

Sirius didn't even bother to follow me out that lesson which kind of hurt.

Some Godfather.

I lightly dabbed the under of my eyes, ridding myself of the smudged mascara. Good as new.

I tightened my messy ponytail and made my way to the door of the girl's bathroom, eager to fill my stomach with some food.

I swung open the door only to come face to face with none other than Marlene.

She smiles at me sadly, "Come on Li, lunch is awaiting us."

She links her arm with my own, silently lending me her strength - something that I was extremely thankful for.

"Now smile, don't let anyone know that Vicki got to you, alright?" Marlene encouraged supportively to which I nodded, unable to form words. "Head up and shoulders back," she told me once we reached the doors. "You ready?"

"Of course I am Mar. I got this," I replied in false bravado.

She pushed open the doors, the room falling into silence as we enter together.

I forced a smile upon my face, purposely making my stride appear cool and confident as we made our way towards Lily, Alice and a few other Gryffindor's I had yet to learn the name of.

As we were walking towards the end of the table, I looked towards the boys I sat with that morning.

They were staring at me, not unkindly but more like something piqued their interest. I smiled uncertainly, now unsure where I stood with them.

Perhaps this morning was just a one-time thing and they would never talk to me again?

I hope not, I quite enjoyed their company.

I refocused my attention towards the group we walked towards, Marlene nudging me towards an open seat beside a cute blonde boy.

I glared, not appreciating her efforts of setting me up.

I sat down beside the grinning boy, taking the opportunity to fully take in his appearance.

His blonde hair was slightly wavy, curling down on his forehead. His brown eyes shone bright, happiness gleaming in them. His skin appeared to be clear opposed to James who had a light splatter of freckles over his nose and cheeks if you looked closely. It was actually kind of cute.

No. It is not cute.

Why the hell would I even be thinking of James whilst I was checking another guy out and comparing them?

He shook me from my reverie by outstretching his hand, "You must be Lilah, I'm Nicholas."

I grasped his hand firmly, gently shaking it in greeting.

"It's nice to meet you, Nicholas," I grinned, the boy easily lifting my previous mood.

"Trust me when I say the pleasure's all mine," he replied sweetly.

*James POV*

I raced into the dining hall, anticipating my next conversation with our new member.

I sat down with Moony, Pads strutting in not long after.

"Did you guys hear?" Pads questioned, stuffing his face with food.

"Hear what?" Moony questioned, beating me to it.

"Vicki lost her shit all over Lilah in potions this morning. It was actually quite horrible, I feel sorry for Li, and she brought up her mum and everything." Sirius explained, a sad frown pulling at his face.

"Is she alright?" I asked, furious at the thought of anyone hurting Lilah.

"I hope so, she definitely seemed angry but after giving Vicki a piece of her mind she kinda just stormed off so I'm not sure," Sirius answered, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

How this guy was supposedly hotter than me still remained a mystery.

"And you didn't go after her?" Moony questioned, he too frowning.

"No? Don't girl's need time and space and all that stuff? I thought that I would be more useful messing with Vicki's potion and making it explode." Pads shrugged carelessly but anyone who knew him well enough could tell he too was worried about our newest member and was upset that he hadn't followed her out of the room.

"I'm sure she's fine," Remus encouraged.

"I can't believe Vicki did that," I fumed, furious that my girlfriend would do that to my new friend.

"I think you need to find a new girlfriend Prongs." Padfoot jibed.

"Oh yeah? Like who?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"Like her," Pads nodded, gesturing to someone behind me.

"Bloody hell it better not be Lily, you know how obsessed he used to be with her." Remus joked, a smile lighting his face.

"I wasn't even," I grumbled, turning my head in curiosity as to whom Sirius suggested.

And there she was.

Her chocolate brown hair shimmered in the light, cascading down her shoulder from her messy ponytail. Her tanned skin glowed, her soft pink lips showing off her confident smile. Her coffee brown eyes were smouldering, like a siren singing her melody by the sea.

She was beautiful.

However light her eyes seemed to shine, there appeared to be a dullness to them – perhaps sadness? Was it because of what Vicki said to her earlier?

I sure hope not, but if it wasn't then what else would be worrying her?

I didn't want anything worrying her, not while I was here to worry for her.

She glanced at us, smiling uncertainly – almost awkwardly.

I wonder why?

I turned back to the guys only to find that all of us were staring at her. No wonder why she looked so uncomfortable – Merlin knows what she must've thought. Hopefully, she didn't guess that we were discussing her and I.

Not that there was a her and I.

"I'm with Vicki anyway. It doesn't matter." I stated, slightly upset at the thought of spending the rest of my life with a woman I didn't love.

"It doesn't matter? Of course, it does Prongs!" Sirius almost yelled, gaining the attention of our surrounding peers. "What are you gits looking at? Nothing to see here," he dismissed.

"It just doesn't, alright?" I grumbled, tilting my head down to avoid his angry glare.

"Who's the blonde guy she's talking to?" Moony asked.

My head shot up at that, suddenly needing to know everything that involved a certain Lupin.

"Oh that's Nicholas Livingston, he's a Ravenclaw." Peter squeaked.

Huh, I didn't even notice when he got here.

"Looks like you've got some competition, hey Prongs?" Pads nudged me in the stomach. "Better get in now."

"Will you just give it a rest Sirius? For Merlin's sake if I wanted to be with her I would be. My love life is none of your concern." I growled, standing out of my seat. "And frankly, it's kind of insulting that you think that some golden boy Ravenclaw is any match for this." I gesture to my body. "I'll catch up with you all later, I think I'm going to have a word with Vicki." I walk out of the room, glancing one last time at the peculiar brunette who was slowly occupying my every thought.

---

The feels omg ahaha, let me know what you think!

As always, feel free to chuck a comment, vote, follow or whatever you heart desires:)