Toneri smiles brightly. He was mocking me and I knew it. He wanted me to know it. He stands up from his seat and starts to approach her for a hug. To rub it all in. I was not having it.

"Stay. Away. From. Her." I grit out with such anger that he stops and held his hand in surrender. He was mocking me again with that stupid grin.

I get up lifting Hinata off my lap. I get up glaring at the ground. I look up and stare at her hard to figure out if she is serious.

She is serious.

I let out a sigh of defeat. This is frustrating.

Well I am also serious this time.

"I will not support what I think is clearly wrong. Just wrong." I state and without sparing another glance at Toneri, I walk off to my class.

***

I was upset. Beyond upset. I was hurt. It hurt because she seemed to trust him more than me. I knew everything about her doubts of me falling for Sakura again. I eavesdropped a bit on her conversation with Mom. I would never fall for Sakura. She is like a sister to me. And before that she thought I was cheating on her with Karin. Granted she didn't know about my cousin but still after everything we have been through, it stung. And now she is trusting a guy like Toneri. That guy's the definition of jerk. He can be listed as an example of 'jerk' in Wikipedia or something. And she would rather trust him than me.

The bell rings, signifying the end of class and beginning of lunch.

I walk into the cafeteria, take my food and plop between Sasuke and Gaara, not caring I took Sakura's seat.

"Dude." Sasuke begins and I ignore him. I am just too angry to care.

I feel both of them looking at me and I feel irritated. I snap my fingers and glare at them.

"Don't show that attitude towards us Naruto. I won't hesitate to punch you." Gaara says plainly and takes a bite off his sandwich.

I sigh and apologize. They are right, they don't deserve this.

"Why are you angry anyway? Don't tell me your girlfriend refused to kiss you." Sasuke says smirking and I give him a death glare.

The girls minus Hinata enter the cafeteria and glare at me.

"What did you do? Hinata is miserable." Sakura glares at me.

And that was it. I lost it. I drop or rather throw my sandwich on the tray in frustration.

"Oh yeah, it's my fault! I am angry at her big and kind heart to forgive jerks like Toneri and be best friends with them again!!" I yell, exasperated and without waiting for a reaction, pick up my bag and storm out of the caféteria.

***
My breaths return to a normal and calm pace as I feel myself relax. I had said, rather yelled it out loud so it felt much better. Not that my annoyance had come down a notch. It just elevated with the incident in caféteria.

"Hey!" I hear Gaara's voice trying to sound more cheerful.

I remain silent, hiding comfortably  behind the protection of my arm over my eyes.

I sense him taking a seat beside me and I feel someone else take a seat on my other side.

"Dobe, quit sulking and talk to us. We are your friends, you can talk to us."

"Why, you don't want to make lame jabs on me now?" I mutter still not bothering to look at him.

"Dude, I am sorry, okay. Now quit it and tell us the deal with Toneri."