We Go Fast With The Game We Play

I picture Ellie as Selena Gomez

(Harry)

I scanned the contract my lawyer wrote out as Cheryl went to answer the door.

I heard her gasp and then a man's voice.
"We need to talk"

Zayn

"O-okay", Cheryl's scared tone made me want to go in there, but he didn't sound angry, so I stood close to eavesdrop.

"What amount of compensation would it take for you to terminate", Zayn said, his voice steady, holding no emotion. He was in complete business mode.

"T-To...", Cheryl stuttered.

"Fifty thousand", Zayn spoke.

I leaned forward, straining to hear, but Cheryl didn't make a sound.

"One hundred thousand", he said, like it was nothing.

I could hear Cheryl shakily breathe in deeply and I'd had enough.
I rounded the corner, walked into the room and Zayn's and my eyes locked.

"Cheryl. Zayn likes bourbon", I said, not taking my eyes off him.

"What the fuck", he looked from me to Cheryl as, a moment later, she walked toward him with a glass full of dark liquid, holding it out to him, slightly trembling.

After he took it, I put my hand on her shoulder and gently pulled her away from him and toward a chair next to me.

"You two are...in on all this....this scheme or...this....", Zayn said.

"No. No scheme", I said, watching his eyebrows furrow deeper, bewildered.
"Just a coincidence".

He stood, baffled, but I didn't care to explain.
I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and pulled up the pictures that I took of Zayn and Cheryl when they were all over each other last night.

I turned my phone around to show Zayn the pictures, swiping through them, as he viewed each one.
He watched them, his mind racing.

I got to the last one, Zayn on top of Cheryl on the couch.

Cheryl made a muffled sound and I turned to look at her.

She harshly wiped at her cheeks, trying to stop the tears that kept streaking down them.

God
What am I doing

Suddenly, everything changed.

I don't know if it was seeing the emotional turmoil she was in or an abrupt conception of how fucked up things had gotten.

All I knew was that I wanted all of it to stop.

I looked from Cheryl to Zayn, desperation filling both of them.

All of it became ridiculous.

Threats.
Blackmail.
Intimidation.
Power.
Revenge.
Control.

I sat down and Zayn copied my action, lowering himself into a chair.

"Lila's going to be eighteen in a few months", I said.
Zayn nodded once.