Prints

(Cheryl)

"I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you. Please. Anything", I said to Harry.

"I want all of the photographs he has", he said.

"Okay...w-", I started to ask, but he cut me off.
"We start by searching Zayn's house. They've got to be in there somewhere", Harry stood up and paced.

"Let's see what we can find and just go from there. It's at least a place to start".

"Let's do it!", I yelled, then jumped up and ran to my room.

"What are you doing", he shouted after me and I shouted back.
"Give me one minute to change!!"

A minute later I came out wearing a black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, black combat boots and pulled my hair into a ponytail.

I walked back into the room and Harry instantly rolled his eyes.
"Oh my God. Come on", he said walking out of the house, me behind him.

Harry slowed down and parked as soon as Zayn's house came into view, about a block away. He turned off the car.

"It looks like no one's home", he said.
I nodded.
"Yeah. How do we get in?"

Harry looked at me.
"Why are you whispering?"

"I....", I whispered again, "....don't know", I said in regular volume as he shook his head.

We got out of the car and I very quickly silently tiptoed over to Harry.

"Cheryl. Chill. The shadier you act, the more attention you'll bring to us. You need to calm down"

"Okay, okay. I've just never broken into someone's house before, Harry", I said, following behind him.

"No, you just peep into them", he said and I stopped dead in my tracks.

He heard me stop and turned around to see the shamed look on my face. I opened my mouth to say something, but shut it again.
For some reason, this made him laugh out loud.

"Come here", Harry walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my neck. He walked with me in a sort of half headlock and kissed my head.
"We'll be alright", he smiled, then rubbed my shoulder.

I was instantly in tears because of his kindness and then the tears began to spill down my cheeks, which quickly turned into full blown bawling.

I fucked up so bad and here Harry is, willing to forgive me
He really has the very biggest heart
I've never known anyone so understanding and kind, except for Olivia
I don't deserve my friends
Oh God or Liam

"Hey, hey", Harry hugged me.

"I'm so sorry, Harry", I wailed.

"Cheryl! SH! It's going to be okay, look, just...just shut the fuck up", he said, and shook me a little which made me laugh through my crying.

"Man up, Nut Job", he grabbed each side of my head and shook it which made me laugh more.

But then his expression changed and became serious.
"Think about why we're here right now, Cheryl".

I composed myself and sniffled.
"Yes", I straightened up.
"Okay. I'm with you".

We walked up the front steps of Zayn's house, Harry got a key from a vase and unlocked the front door.
I didn't ask any questions.

I looked behind us to see, thankfully, an empty street. No one was out this late.

We walked in and Harry led us straight to Zayn's office.

"You start in that filing cabinet. I'll look through the desk", he told me.

(Harry)

Zayn's desk was very organized, so it was easy looking through it.

I glanced at the framed photos of Lila on his desk and my heart did the same thing it does every time I saw her.

The thought that's been on my mind immediately surfaced.

I'm infatuated with a seventeen year old
A seventeen year old virgin

All I can think about is her innocence.

Something's off about all of this

I flipped through the files, neatly labeled and in alphabetical order.

I came to the K's and saw a really thick one that simply said "Kalila".

I opened it, only to find bank statements of the things that she's bought with Zayn's credit cards since the beginning of the year.

It was too tempting, having the opportunity to learn more about her. Seeing what she likes and what she likes doing.
I read to myself.

Oscar de La Renta, New York
20 items
Clothing
Total
3,105.96

Waves
1 item
Surfboard
Total
1,652.73

Elizabeth Charles
7 items
Clothing
Total
632.14

Loewe Barcelona
4 items
Home and Luggage
Total
2,492.84

The bills went on and on.

This girl's got some serious expensive taste
Sixteen hundred dollars for a surfboard?

Good thing I can afford her
I smiled and shook my head at how much I'm going to be spending on this girl.
And how much I'm going to love doing it.

"Harry", Cheryl's voice jerked me out of my thoughts.
I looked at her and she was holding up the photographs that she took.

"Yes", I said, walking over to her.
"Yeah, but, there's no way we can know how many copies he made, Harry", Cheryl said.

I turned the photographs around to see the Kodac watermark on the back of the paper.
I went over to Zayn's printer.

"He scanned your pictures on his printer and printed out these copies", I said, looking at the packs of Kodac photo paper near the other various types of paper near it.

"He could've printed them out anywhere"

I smirked and pressed a few buttons, taking me to the printer's history.
I clicked on the screen and went to "view details" and selected the photo printing category.

"When exactly did you drop them off here?", I asked Cheryl.

"Ummm....it was like two in the morning that night".

I pulled up the calendar on my phone and entered in the date of that Sunday.

Only two actions showed on the screen.
One printing used regular printing paper, the other used photo paper.
I clicked on it.

"Three sets of four photos were printed", Harry read the screen.

"Wow", Cheryl looked at me like I was some kind of a wizard.

"I used to have this model", I mumbled as I looked at the screen.

"Okay", Cheryl said, concentrating.

"Zayn had the original copy, then made three copies. You've got one set,
I just found the the second, so we've got to find the other two".

I had been eyeing the safe in Zayn's office since we walked in, knowing it was clearly going to contain things he wanted to keep secret.

I walked over and looked at it.
"It's a biometric safe"

"Meaning?", she walked over and looked at it with me.

"It'll only open with Zayn's fingerprint", I looked at Cheryl.
"Next part of the plan".