Stranded

(Niall)

Louis and I were at my house watching a game and my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number that the call was coming from.

"Hello?", I answered.
"Niall?"
"Aye"
"Hi, it's Lila"

A huge smile spread across my face. I grabbed Louis' arm and shook him, excitedly, making his water bottle slip off his mouth and water spill down his chin onto his chest.
"Shit, Niall, come on!", Louis yelled, wiping his chin.

"Lila! Hi!", I said excitedly, jumping off the couch.

"Hi, um, I know it's only around eleven in the morning, but I was wondering if you still wanted to have lunch?"

"Definitely! It's not too early! I can actually eat anytime, where are you, where should I pick you up?", my words stumbled over each other.

"Um, I'm at....", I heard the phone muffle and her say something, then someone say something to her, "....744 Sandstone Street"

"I'll be there shorty", I hung up and ran to grab my keys and yelled back at Louis, "Lock up when you leave!"

(Harry)

I watched Zayn plead with Lila.
"YOU are what I want. EVERY single part of you", Zayn said to her.

I listened to him tell Lila exactly how
I felt about her. I wanted every single part of her. I felt like he was stealing my thoughts. He wasn't the right man to say this to her.

"I can get past last night. It'll take some time, but I CAN. You didn't have sex with him, Kaly. You're still a virgin. I'll still be your first, that's what I care about", he said and pulled her into a hug.

"You're still a.....virgin...."
"I'll still be your first"

I looked blankly at Lila wrapped in Zayn's arms.
She slowly stepped out of his embrace and Zayn looked at her with longing desperation. I probably looked the same.

Lila began to slowly walk away from us, toward the broken glass doors and I looked at her in confusion. I looked down, she was barefoot and stepping on the broken shards of glass.

"KALY!"
"LILA!"
Zayn and I shouted at the same time and both ran after her, but she twirled around and held both hands up at us, making us stop.

"Zayn. Harry. I'm so sorry", Lila said with tears in her eyes, looking back and forth at each of us.

"This is what happens", she said, a tear rolled down her cheek.
"I don't understand why....", her chin started to twitch as more tears fell, "....why I can't....", she started to sob now.

I took a step toward her, but Zayn, standing next to me, lifted his arm and put a hand up to my chest, stopping me. I looked at him and with his eyes still on Lila and he shook his head.

I shoved it off and walked closer to Lila, but she took steps backward as I approached her. I looked down at the glass to see blood on some of the shards.

"Lila! Stop!!", I yelled at her, which just quickened her step.

She made her way through the doorway and dove into the pool, swimming to the other end of it toward the steps that lead to the beach.

"Good going", Zayn said, running past me, toward the other end of the pool where Lila was headed. I followed him and we both stood where she hoisted herself up out of the water.

Lila sat on the pool's edge and crossed one foot after the other over her knees to see if all the glass was out of her feet.

"I'm sorry, Zayn", she said quietly. We both knew she was apologizing for using his pool to clear the glass from her feet.

She stood up, soaking wet in my t-shirt.
"I-I can't think straight, I'm so confused about so much....so much has happened in such a short amount of time....", she looked away, worried and sorry, "I need time alone. I just can't say I'm sorry enough".

"Kaly. If you would do one thing. Please, just don't leave. You want time alone? No problem", Zayn said calmly.

"I have to go back to the house in the city for work, so I know you won't want to be there. Please stay here at the beach house so I at least know where you are", he said.

I watched Lila look at him, thoughtfully.

"Kaly, stay here, I'll give you all the time you need...", Zayn said, then looked at me, "....but you stay away too. And I mean for good".

"That's Lila's decision", I said, looking at her and noticed she took the tiniest step toward the deck steps.

Zayn turned away from me and held his hands up, "Kaly, don't start feeling....just...you don't have to say anything right now. Harry and I will back off, won't we?", Zayn glared at me.

"And you can just stay here, by yourself, for as long as you need", Zayn finished, nodding at her and I saw her barely nod back to him in agreement.

"Lila, I'll give you space if that's what you want", I said and she took another step backward toward the steps.

Zayn grabbed my shoulder and grunted, "Shut the f-", he cut himself off, "Kalila, baby, w-", he started, but Lila turned and ran down the stairs to the beach.

Zayn turned and faced me, enraged and annoyed.
"I need to talk to you. Come inside", he said, walking past me.

(Kalila)

I've been walking down the beach for at least an hour now. Walking without a plan.....or anything except Harry's t-shirt over me.

I was holding it down in both sides because the wind kept trying to lift it.
My phone is in my purse back at Zayn's and I wasn't going back there for a long time.

My phone.
My last text.
Niall texted, asking if I wanted to have lunch.

And I remember his number because it was so easy: 400-1234
The only other phone number I had memorized for anyone in Rosewater was Zayn's and wasn't calling him.

Plus, I just moved here.
I need more people in my life here in Rosewater. I need friends and I'm not going to discriminate by gender. Some of my best friends have been men.

I walked for a while until I finally spotted someone down the beach.
Please have a phone.

I made my way over and saw it was a girl, sitting on a towel and actually on her phone, texting, what looked like.
"Hi!", I said with a smile.

"Hello", she said, looking over at me as I walked closer.
"I was hoping I could borrow your phone to call a friend. I'm kind of stranded", I said and shrugged, still smiling.

"Sure...", she looked me up and down, "....yeah, here you go", she passed me her phone.
"Thank you so much", I said, gratefully and typed in Niall's number.