Chapter 6

[Nevaeh's P.O.V]

"Nevaaaeh!" Alyson ran screaming into my arms. I embraced my cousin for the first time in a year.

"Aly, I've missed you so much!" I hugged her as tight as I could. After a minute she stepped back and looked my over, and shook her head. I had on sweats and a hoodie, my hair was thrown up, and my eyes were splotchy from crying.

"Vae, I know you're upset and all, but we seriously need to do some damage control." She said quietly. I knew she was right, after me and Jasper got into the fight, I went home with only my thoughts and my angry wolf. As strong as I played with him, my walls crumbled as soon as I got home, and I've been crying my eyes out since. I knew it was time to call Aly.

Aly was my cousin, best friend, and sometimes it felt like a sister. We were closer than anyone could understand growing up, we even spent our entire summer together once. But then our parents were killed, she stuck around for 2 years, she was supposed to be my beta, but it got to her. And unlike me, she had an out option. She went away to cosmetology school in New York, and graduated a couple months ago. Most people took 2 years to graduate cosmetology school, but she shoved as many courses in as possible. She worked in a salon since then. Before she left she promised me if I ever needed her, she'd come home. And she stuck to her promise.

"Well, we can't all be beautiful 24/7." I rolled my eyes, looking her over. Alyson was gorgeous, and she knew it. From her blond hair, skinny waist, and blue eyes to her nice "assets", she was a Barbie doll.

"Oh please, you know you're hot, so hush. But puffy cheeks and red eyes don't look good on anyone." She smiled.

"Alyson, where am I putting your bags?" The door opened and one of the guys walked in, bags hanging from his arms. He looked miserable.

"Geez Aly, did you bring all of New York with you?" I said, taking in how many bags she actually had.

"Hey, don't complain." She said. "I packed up, quit my job, and left New York for you."

A wave of guilt rushed over me and I looked down. "I'm so sorry..."

"I was just kidding Vae; you already know you come first." She smiled, linking her arm in mine. "Now where's my room?"

-------------------------------------

"This feels like the old days again." Aly laughed, as we sat on my bed in our sweats, eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream. She was right. Aly moved into the bedroom across from mine. She was most likely going to spend most of her time in mine, as she did a few summers back, but she insisted I was going to need some privacy after I showed her a picture of Jasper on facebook.

"So, what are we gonna do about your new boyfriend?" Aly said wiggling her eyebrows.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I smacked her knee. She just laughed.

"Well, I think you should follow your heart." Aly shrugged. I gave her a look. "I know it's cheesy, but he's your mate. One way or another, you guys are going to wind up together."

"My hearts with this pack Aly, it has to be." I looked down.

"Look Nevaeh... I know I haven't met my mate yet, so you're probably thinking I have no clue what I'm talking about-"

"I didn't say that-"She cut me off.

"No, let me talk." She gave me a pointed look, and I zipped my lips for effect. "I know you probably think I don't know what I'm talking about, but you're forgetting who my parents are."

Understanding washed over me.

"They were so in love." She smiled. "Even after they were forced to stay apart, they ran away together. My mom lost all of her inheritance for him, and her family. That's what mates do. You can't fight it."