Chapter 3

*Warning, this does get a little bit sexual for a moment, very mildly, but you've been warned.

[Nevaeh's P.O.V]

Dining with Jasper for the first time among 60 some other people, was just plain awkward. Between Brenna's sneaky smiles, Alec's suspicious stares, and Emily's jealous glares; I felt like I couldn't take a bite without being judged. Not to mention Jasper plopped himself right next to me at the table, and I couldn't move. I always sit at the head of the table; it would be obvious if I moved that something was up. In truth, part of me was naïve enough to hope that Jasper hadn't felt it, that connection. It would make the whole denying him part so much easier, if I didn't actually have to. But judging by the fact that he kept looking me up and down, I'm guessing no.

"Can you pass the ketchup please?" Brenna asked, looking up at me. I reached for the ketchup at the same time as Jasper, and quickly yanked back my hand as I realized we were about to touch.

"Jeez, I don't have cooties, ya know." Jasper mumbled. I couldn't help but crack an apologetic grin after that.

"The mustard too, will ya?" Alec requested.

Once again, Jasper and I reached for it at the same time. This time I didn't yank my hand back so quickly, but I still stopped myself. Jasper raised an eyebrow, as if he was catching on. I looked around for a second, expecting another request, but after a moment I sighed in relief when I saw the torture was over.

"So. Nevaeh." Jasper began, looking at me, with a mischievous grin. "How do you like being alpha? You are the first female alpha I've ever met. You seem to be doing a pretty good job."

"Well, I love it." I said slowly, wondering what he was up to. "And I'm doing a little better than pretty good if you ask me."

He rose up his hands, as if in defense.

"True, true." He nodded. "My bad." He shut up, but kept his eyes on me. Alec took this as his cue to chime in.

"You have an amazing place here." Alec smiled. I just now noticed his British accent, it's adorable. If it wasn't for the Jasper situation, I'd probably be going crazy for it right now. I love accents "Much bigger than ours."

"Well, it's necessary." I laughed. "I just now noticed your accent. I do love it."

"Thanks!" He said, with a wink. "And I'm sure that's because you and my buddy were to busy checking each other out to notice."

Brenna quickly covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing, as I'm sure my face went as red as an apple. I'm assuming Jasper kicked him under the table, by Alec's sudden "oomph."

"Don't mind Alec, he doesn't think before he talks some times." Jasper nodded to me, but that devilish look was still there. I had to admit, if he was up to something, at least he looked good while doing it.

Wait. What am I saying? Oh sweet baby Jesus.

"Anyways...." I mumbled.

"So Alec, where are you from?" Brenna said, with a smile, to Alec.

"England." He responded, his face lighting up when he looked at Brenna. "My parents moved us here when I was six."

"That's so cool." Brenna gushed. I looked down at my food, happy that the subject had been changed. I was about to take a bite of my steak when I felt something creeping up my thigh.

Oh. My. God. I felt chills as the hand began to move a little higher up my skirt. It was like my skin was on fire, but in a good way. I quickly looked over to Jasper, but he was looking onto Alec and Brenna's conversation, pretending to be listening.