It let out a chilling howl, filled with agony and Ray smiled. In another second, bones clicked, fur disappeared and a teenaged boy lay unconscious on the ground before him.

 In another second, bones clicked, fur disappeared and a teenaged boy lay unconscious on the ground before him

"I've lost connection with my team," Victor informed worriedly.

"Don't worry, we've sent Nick to tail them, he's excellent at it." Andrew crossed an ankle over his knee, leaning back in his chair. "You said they never attacked you?"

"No Sir, before we could engage in a battle they retreated. So I ordered the team to follow them, see where they were headed and fight if the need arises." Victor glanced at his watch, "I will send reinforcements if I don't hear anything in an hour."

"Sounds good. Two of the wolves Ray fought with escaped too. I wonder if it was even meant to be an attack," Andrew looked at his son for his advice.

Ray caught his dad's reflection in the window. "I can't tell. I will hear the truth from Callum when he wakes."

Victor nodded, looking at his friend's back with guilt. He was protecting a pack that had disowned him as a child, a pack that was scared of his ability, of his past. Noble wolf or not, he knew Ray was truly Noble in the heart.

"I will take my leave, then."

Ray didn't respond as Victor left the room, leaving him alone with Andrew.

"Dad," Ray removed his hands from his jeans pockets and turned to face his father.

Andrew looked up at Ray, "yes, son?"

He stared at his father silently for a moment before gathering the courage to say, "we need to talk."

Ulric kept his teacup back on its saucer on the table and rose

Ulric kept his teacup back on its saucer on the table and rose. He felt the boy gaining consciousness, and prepared to reach him through mind link.

'Callum, you're up.'

There was silence for a while, then, 'Alpha?'

Ulric smiled. 'Listen carefully,' he paced what used to be his father's study. 'In a moment, someone will know you're awake and then Ray will come to speak to you.'

Ulric reached for a picture frame and held it up.

'I don't expect you to be able to deny Ray.'

'What will happen then, Alpha?'

The picture was of his father and him, taken when he was four. It was a long time ago but memories like those could never fade.

'You've played your role well, Callum. Leave what happens next to me.' Ulric set the picture frame down again and turned to face the window.

'When Ray comes, allow me to take control of your mind,' Ulric smiled.

Hey! Hope you're doing good ☺️

Hope you liked the chapter too! What do you think will happen next? Please leave a comment or vote if you liked it ^.^

Oh and sorry for the late update 😲 but I had a birthday weekend soo I got busy with that 😪 I have a thing for writing late at night lol (or should I say morning?) It's 2 am now, I think it's time to sleep. Hope you have a lovely night (or day)!

I will see you soon, ^.^

~Mich💜