Longing

Claire stared at herself in her mirror shaking in fear.
Claire herself was frowning but the mirror was smiling.

"Get out of my mind!" She cried. The Phenix just laughed and flicked her hair.
"Claire, Claire, Claire, I've always been apart of you. That voice in the back of your head that was me. Every bad thought, that was me! I'm the darkness to your light."

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Claire, you see I can't do that. Because you're never going to become who you're meant to be without me," she informed her.

"And what's that?" Claire growled.

"To help me, destroy the alpha pack," a voice said behind Claire. The Phenix smiled and Claire looked in the mirror where her English teacher stood.

"Ms. Blake?" Claire gasped.

"Claire you're a lovely girl, but I need the demon inside of you right now. And this time it's permanent."

Claire watched in horror as Ms. Blakes face turned into a twisted scarred one. The next thing she knew she was in falling to the ground choking on mistletoe.

-Chris pov.

"What does it mean?" Cora asked nodding towards the painted symbol on Derek's window.

"They're coming. Tonight," Derek said. He looked over to me sighing.

"So this is why you called me over here?" I asked as I stared at the floor.

"Chris-" Derek tried to start.

"Derek just don't. I know what's happening tonight. They're going to kill me, because I'm not joining them," I said.

"They're killing us, It painted on my window Chris, they aren't just coming for you, they're coming for us! We need to work together to survive!" He exclaimed.

"Chris, it's about both of you not dying tonight," Cora informed me.

I shook my head and let out a laugh as I turned around to face the two Hales.

"It's not that simple, there is always, always more to their plans. Murder Claire, turn her into a Phenix. Kill your pack before you join so you get all of their power. Their is always one step before the second!" I exclaimed.

"What are you saying?" Derek asked. I walked over to the spot where I had been gutted with a metal rod. A blood stain was still barely visible.

"Your the Alpha Derek tell me."

Derek didn't respond waiting for me to tell him.

"One of us is going to be attacked, one of us is going to have to fight," I started waiting for one of them to continue.

"The other?" Cora asked.

"The other is going to be taken, as the next sacrifice," Derek exclaimed.

I smiled and nodded as I turned back towards them. "But it's not going to be the Darach taking them, no it's something much darker."

"Claire?" Cora asked confused,"I thought she was ok now."

"I talked to Deaton, and he told me about the myth or I guess it's a true story about Phoenix's. Pure they are said to be. Pure good creatures. But that's where they have it wrong. The Phenix is a demon. It preys on insecurities of its prey, and causes Chaos around them. It helps the biggest evil, the one who will help achieve its main goal."

"What's its main goal?" Derek asked.

I took a deep breath before I spoke again.

"The Phenix Cares about some of the host emotions, like love, hate, and anger. In order to make the host accept the Phenix fully, if they love someone, they go after the person that person loves most in their life. If they hate someone, they kill them, If something makes the host angry it's never seen again. By doing this the host falls into a dream world where they don't even have control over themselves and become one with the Phenix. It's main goal is to become one with the host."