Chapter Fourteen

Kellin's POV

I sighed and looked around the hospital's break room where another nurse and I were sitting. She smiled and patted my hand reassuringly.

"He's going to come home, Kellin, he loves you," she told me.

I nodded and looked down at the table. "I know, I mean, I really hope he does but, it's my fault, Penny, I kicked him out in the first place."

"You were hurt, he almost cheated on you and you had every single right to do that."

"I just want him to come home."

"Why don't you go talk to him, then?"

"No one knows where he's at. He won't answer his phone or talk to anyone."

"Well where do you think he'd be?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. His parents can't get a hold of him, neither can Austin and I've asked all of our friends and his friends if they knew and either they're keeping it from me or they really don't know."

"I don't know what to tell you then." She said, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I sighed. "I just don't know where we went wrong."

"You guys will figure it out and sometimes things just don't work out forever."

"I want it to, though."

"I know, but things change and sometimes it's for the best. How's Alan taking all this?"

"He's taking it rough. He's just, he's gotten to this rebellious point where he just doesn't care anymore."

"Oh goodness."

"He doesn't even listen to us anymore. He keeps talking about how he wish we never even adopted him," I said, my eyes tearing up.'

She gave me a look of sympathy before pulling me into a hug.

"It's going to be alright," she murmured, rubbing my back.

I didn't answer as a few tears ran down my face. Penny sighed and said nothing else as I cried into her shoulder.

"I just don't understand where we went wrong. Everything was so perfect a few years ago and now it's not."

"Marriages have rough patches, not everything is always perfect."

"But we were. We were perfect," I whispered.

"And that's bound to change."

"I don't want it to!"

"But it happens. Maybe do marriage counseling or something. Rick and I did it when we were having hard times."

"I don't know about marriage counseling, that's just, it's not something we do."

"It's not a bad thing to do."

"I know but we're both just so busy."

"But you both want to fix this, right?"

"Right. Well, I do. I don't know about Vic anymore."

"I bet he does."

"What if he doesn't? I mean, he's never been gone this long before."

"I know, but I think he does."

"I hope so," I sighed and pulled away just as we both got paged.

"We'll talk later or something?"

"Of course, I'll see you after I change a few bedpans," I laughed.

"Alright."

I smiled at her and rubbed my eyes before I started to get back to work. Even though I just wanted to go home.I was so tired of working. All I wanted to do was sleep for hours on end. I was exhausted and honestly just wanted to go home, be with my husband and my son and be happy.