Chapter Four

Alan's POV

I walked into the empty house, slightly surprised no one was actually home. Especially since I've been back home, someone was always home. It was like they didn't trust me.  Which they had all the right to do, I shouldn't be trusted. Right now at least. But, I'd gain their trust back. 

Everything would be okay soon enough. Maybe even my mom and dad would be. Hopefully things would fall into place again. Then everything would be perfect.

I went further into the house and to the kitchen since I was practically starving. I saw a note on the counter from Mama, saying he'd be home late tonight and something about ordering pizza. Which meant he was stuck with the graveyard shift at the hospital. And Papa was still in Portland getting stuff set up so I'd be alone for a while.

I shrugged and order a pizza for myself. I changed into some sweatpants and a big shirt before getting comfortable on the couch. I was half tempted to call Matt and have him come over.  That would be too risky though. I couldn't risk anything at this point. If Mama or Papa got home to find him here, I'd be dead.

The doorbell rang and I jumped up running to the door. I was ready for the pizza guy but to my surprise it was even better.

"Mr. Carlile?" I said curiously. He was a friend of my parents  who only visited like once a year. I really only remembered how sexy he was and every time I saw him it was even better than the last.

He smiled. "Hey, uh Alan? Man you're getting big!"

"Yep. Uh do you need something?"

"Is Vic home?"

"No, he's out of town. You wanna come in?" I asked. Damn he was... wow.

"Oh it's fine, I can just like come back later. Or uh, is Kellin here?"

"It's just me."

"I can just come back later then."

"No it's fine. I- uh- ordered a pizza and it should be here soon. You can, um, stay if you want." I said stumbling over my words. I sounded like an idiot.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "I don't want it to be weird."

"It's not weird."

"Alright then. Do you want to let me in, then?" He asked, amusement lacing his voice.

I moved to the side, "Oh right."

"Thanks," he said, stepping in.

"Mhm." I hummed seeing the pizza guy walking towards the door. I paid him then walked back into the house. "You like garbage pizza?"

"Yeah I do."

"Good." I said and walked into the living room. "Want some?" I asked, falling onto the couch.

"Sure." He said taking a seat beside me.

"How's it been?"

"Pretty good, just need to talk to your parents about a few things."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," he said. "What about you?"

"Great." I answered quickly. I was making a fool of myself. "Everythings been fine."

"Really? So, your parents weren't too mad when you ran away?"

"They told you. I mean of course they did."

"Yeah, I even went out to help look for you a few times," he said with a small smile.

"That's nice of you."