Chapter Two

Vic's POV

"Do you know how worried we were!?" Kellin shouted, his hands on his hips. "Three weeks Alan Anthony, three weeks!"

We had just gotten back from the hospital and Kellin was giving our son an ear full.

"I know, I know and I'm sorry."

"If you know, then why did you do it in the first place!?"

"Because I didn't want to be in this house anymore."

A look of hurt crossed over Kellin's face. I sighed and stepped out of the room. I didn't want to hear anymore about how much he hated it here.

"You're so selfish sometimes Alan." Kellin shouted.

"How am I selfish? I'm not the one arguing all the time!"

"This isn't about what Vic and I are doing! This is about you. You can't just run away because you don't like how Vic and I act! You're seventeen, learn your place."

"I don't want to be around either of you half the time! Nothing is okay around here anymore and I hate it! If I knew this was going to happen I would never have wanted to be adopted by you guys in the first place!"

"That's not fair Al," I said, walking back into the room.

"Look who decided to come back in and stop being a coward for ten minutes. God! Don't you understand anything beside your own petty arguments!?"

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. "Alan, chill out. Grow up and realize that you can't just fucking run away because things are getting hard. Look at Kellin and me! We could have run away and just got a divorce by now but we haven't! We're fucking trying."

"Divorce doesn't sound like a bad idea, though," Kellin mumbled, crossing his arms.

"Neither of you are trying. You're not doing anything to change what's happening to this family. I'd rather be in the system then here.'

"Fine, we'll just send you back to DHS custody then."

"Fine."

"Fine," I spat and grabbed my phone. "I'll fucking call now. You'll be gone before the day's fucking over if that's what you want. I don't want someone who doesn't want to be here."

"Do it then."

I glared at him and started dialing the number. It was always like this, like a game of chicken almost. See who would back down first.

He didn't say or do anything but watched me.

I held the phone to my ear and listened to it ring.

"Vic," Kellin sighed. "Hang up the phone."

"No, let him do it." Alan said.

"Department of Human Services, this is Deborah, how may I help you?"

I smiled. "Hi Deborah, I need to get in contact with someone in child services. I have an adopted child in custody and it just isn't working out anymore."

"Vic, hang up the phone." Kellin said again.

I shook my head.

"Alrighty, please hold and I'll get you to the first free representative."

"Vic!" He shouted, "Hang it up!"

"Nope, if Alan doesn't want to be here then fine, he can go," I said, listening to the stupid elevator music.

"Goddamnit Vic, hang up the fucking phone!"

"No," I said and gave Alan a look. "If he doesn't want to be here, then I don't fucking want him here either."