Chapter Ten

Alan's POV

I smiled as I skipped inside the house after school. I just wanted to come home and see Austin. Whatever was going on between us has only been going on for a few days but I liked it nonetheless. It was nice. He was nice.

Austin helped me forget about my parents and their annoying arguments. It felt good not having to worry about them every ten minutes since Austin was in most of my thoughts. And I kinda liked having him there so I could focus on something more important.

I walked up to my room and threw my stuff on my bed before I collapsed on it myself. I was exhausted from today but I still wanted to see Austin, but he wasn't home yet. For once I was home alone and it was nice, even if I wanted to run off and do something else. It was nice to just relax for a little bit even if it was short lived.

"Holy shit!" I screamed when I saw a rat sitting in the middle of my room on the floor. I screamed and buried myself in my blankets.

This is where I died, this rat was gonna eat me alive.

The bedroom door burst open and in came Papa and Austin, a bat in Papa's hand.

"What is it!?" He shouted.

"There is a rat!" I screamed.

"Fuck it, I'm out," Austin said and walked out of the room as Papa stared at the rat wide eyed.

"Papa kill it!"

"How am I supposed to kill a big ass rat with a tiny bat?"

"I don't know! You're a dad you're supposed to know how to fix this!"

He groaned and took the bat and hit the rat as hard as he could. I let out a loud scream.

"Ew! My floor is covered in rat!"

"Your mom can clean it."

I looked at me with wide eyes before I ran from my room, avoiding the blood rat mess.

"Papa, I'm not sleeping in there tonight," I said, following my dad down the hall.

"You can have the couch, the floor or sleep in Austin's room."

I frowned. "Aren't you sleeping on the couch."

"Yep, but if you don't want to sleep in your room I'll just sleep in my car."

"I guess I'll suffer then." I said and sighed.

He laughed, "I have to go get a few things from the grocery store, need anything?"

I shook my head, "Have fun Papa. Remember we need eggs."

"I'll keep that in mind," he said.

"Now go, be free." I said and pushed him out of the front door. I watched as he left and smiled, running to Austin who was sitting on the couch. "Hey Aust, I'm sleeping in your room tonight."

"And why is that?" He asked as I sat on his lap.

"Papa killed the rat but he won't clean up the mess and I'm not about to clean it up either."

He nodded and kissed my cheek. "You're sleeping on the floor then."

"What?" I pouted.

"I can't just let you sleep in bed with me. Your parents will flip their shit."

"I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right." He said and laid back on the couch with me so I could straddle his waist.

"Or I have a better idea," I murmured, rubbing my nose against his.

"And what would that be?"

"You sleep on the floor, and I take the bed."