Chapter Eleven

Vic's POV

Kellin let out a loud, frustrated scream. "I can't take this anymore VIc, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Can you stop screaming?"

"No! Why can't you quit running from shit and fucking act like an adult?"

"I'm not running from anything!"

"So, you just happened to stay at the bar until midnight?" He demanded.

"It was like 11:30."

"It's almost one right now."

"Maybe it was midnight."

"Exactly!" He shouted.

"Can you stop yelling? Alan's trying to sleep," I said, swaying in my spot.

He groaned, "Can you just grow up!"

"I am grown!"

"Well you don't act like it!"

"Oh and you do? At least I'm not abandoning my family for days on end!"

"I was working!"

"You could have fucking called."

"I couldn't!"

"Really? Not at all? What about when you went to the on call room to sleep? I know you had to go to sleep at least a few times!"

"I was exhausted and I just went straight to sleep if I got the chance to sleep." 

"Whatever," he scoffed. "There's always an excuse with you. At least I own up to my shit."

"You're not owning up to anything if you get plastered."

"I got drunk and had fun. So what? Maybe I'll just fucking go back!"

"You're not going back."

I glared and spun on my heel as I started walking to the door. "Try me."

"Vic."

"Kellin." I mocked, still walking to the door.

"Get over here."

"No."

"Now," he ground out.

"No." I repeated.

Without another word, I opened the front door and went back to my car.

"You can't drive like this!" Kellin shouted.

"Yes I fucking can! I'm not completely wasted!"

"Vic stop!"

"No."

"Vic, please."

I turned and glared at him. "Why should I?"

"Because something could happen to you."

"So?"

"So I'm not letting anything happen to you."

"I don't care if it does," I snapped and got in the car.

"Vic, fucking stop! What if something happens!?"

"Then something happens! I don't give a fuck anymore, Kellin! What's the point?"

"Don't act like this! We have a fucking kid inside that house and what am I supposed to tell him if something happens!?"

"Tell him everything will be ten times better without me around!" I said, turning my car on.

"Stop, please."

"No."

"Stay."

"There's no reason to, I mean, I'm just an idiot who needs to grow up, remember?" I said and sped down the street.