Chapter 50: The Judge's Decision

Emily woke up around 5am and couldn't go back to sleep so she decided to clean the apartment. She started in her bedroom then moved downstairs. It wasn't a major cleaning; she was just tiding things a little. She had some coffee and started on that floor. Once she finished downstairs she moved to Isabella's bedroom. She couldn't help but feel really nervous about the hearing that afternoon. She was really scared.
Once she finished she decided to head to the kitchen and grab something to eat. She sat in the living room eating a grilled cheese and watching some tv. She had a lot of time to kill since the hearing was only at 2pm.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Penelope woke up at 7:30 and stayed in bed watching tv while Bella was fast asleep next to her. Isabella woke up that morning with a jump. She had had another terrible dream.
She sat on the bed and Penelope jumped next to her.

"Oh my god! Are you okay? You scared me to death, bunny" Penelope said putting her hand on her heart.

"I'm fine. Sorry" Bella said feeling bad.

Penelope saw the girl's face and just knew she wasn't fine at all. "Oh sugar, come here" she said hugging Bella.

"I just had a bad dream. I'm sorry I scared you" Bella said fighting her tears.

"It's okay. I'm okay, see?" Penelope said letting go of the hug with a big smile. Bella smiled back and Penelope tucked some hair behind the girl's ear.

"How about pancakes today?" Penelope asked smiling.

"With whip cream?" Bella smiled.

"With all the whip cream you want!" Penelope said and they headed to the kitchen.

.

"I think I've had enough" Bella said after the second pancake.

"Only two?" Penelope asked.

"I think I'm nervous. I don't feel very good" Isabella said honestly.
Penelope made an understanding face. She knew the girl couldn't eat very well when she was really nervous or upset.

Isabella felt as tears filled her eyes. She was just scared. She wanted Emily.

"Oh Bellie" Penelope said walking to the girl when she saw the tears.

"I just want my mommy" Bella said as Penelope hugged her tight.

"I know bunny" Penelope said as tears rolled down her cheeks too. She just couldn't see the girl upset. "You'll see her today. Don't worry" she said. Bella got out of the stool and they headed to the couch.

"Let's watch some tv, how about that?" Penelope said smiling trying to make the girl feel a little better.

"Okay" Bella said laying down with her head on Penelope's lap.

Penelope put on 'Once Upon A Time' and they just sat there watching it without saying a word.
Bella ended up falling asleep and since the day would be long and she would probably be very emotional, Penelope let her sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Around 10:30, Derek stopped by.

"Hey, how's my princess doing?" Derek asked Penelope.

"We'll this princess is doing fine" Penelope said smiling. "But that little one, not so much" she said making a face.

"Did she sleep on the couch the whole night?" Derek asked.

"No. She woke up from a nightmare but she seemed okay so we had breakfast and then she started crying so I thought maybe the tv would keep her mind off of things and she ended up falling asleep " Penelope explained.