Chapter 49: Closer

Inside the court room Emily was really nervous. She was scared she would have to tell the girl bad news.

The judge walked in and everyone stood up politely and sat back down. He talked about the case and then said...
"temporary custody is granted to Penelope Garcia till the final hearing in six days."

The entire team cheered. They couldn't be more excited.
Derek smiled noticing Marley was smiling too. The woman knew Bella would be okay and she was happy for the girl.

"Let's go tell her?" Derek said excited and they walked to the waiting room. They walked in to find Bella sitting on Sarah's lap facing the tv, with a tight grip on her blanket.

"Guess what?" Penelope said smiling walking in the room first and Bella turned to look at her. "You're coming with me" Penelope said smiling and with tears in her eyes.

"I am?" Bella asked in disbelief.

"Yes" Penelope smiled and Bella ran and hugged her. "Thank you" Bella said and let go of the hug. Penelope smiled and the girl walked to Emily. Emily picked her up and sat on the couch placing Bella on her lap.

"What's gonna happen now?" Bella asked suddenly nervous again.

"You'll stay with Penelope for 6 days and then we'll have the final hearing" Emily said.

"And then I can go home with you?" Bella asked.

Emily swallowed.

"Hopefully" Sarah said noticing Emily's sudden nervousness.

"But can you go see me at Penelope's house?" Bella asked.

"I'm sorry but I can't, honey." Emily said and Bella just looked broken. "Look, it's okay, don't be sad. You're gonna have fun with Garcia and we'll see each other in 6 days. It will go by superfast" Emily said hugging the girl who let a few tears fall.

"But I want you mommy" Bella said not letting go of the hug.

"I'll see you soon I promise" Emily said. "And I'll call you everyday. Okay?" She added.

"Do you swear to me you will?" Bella asked letting go of the hug.

"I swear, Bells" Emily said and kissed the girl's forehead.

"Oh and I think you're gonna like what Penelope has planned" Emily smiled and looked at Penelope so she could tell the girl.

"How about if we take a little trip to New York City?" Penelope said smiling.

"to New York?" Bella asked unsure.

"Yeah. I got tickets to a certain musical that I heard you wanted to see so I thought why not go right now" Penelope said.

"For how long?" Bella asked looking at Emily. She didn't want to stay away from her.

"5 days" Penelope said. "We'll be back for an interview and the hearing"

"I don't wanna go" Bella said sounding a bit sad.

"Bella your mom is not going anywhere. She'll be right here and you can call her whenever you want." Penelope said. "And... I really want to see Matilda" Penelope smiled.

"We're gonna see Matilda?" Bella asked. Everyone noticed she was a bit interested now.

"Yeah" Penelope said. "What do you think? Do you wanna go?" She asked.

"I can call you whenever I want?" Bella asked Emily.

"Yes" Emily nodded smiling.

"Okay" Bella said.