Chapter 42: It's Bad

"Bella. Honey wake up" Emily whispered and the girl opened her eyes. "Hi" Emily gave Bella a little smile and the kid closed her eyes again. "Hey wake up. We gotta talk" she whispered and Bella woke up.

"What is it?" She asked still very sleepy.

"Remember the shot we talked about?" Emily asked and Bella just stared at her waiting for her to keep talking. "You are going to need that. Okay?" Emily said soothing Bella's hair.

"The penicillin?" Bella said while tears filled up her eyes.

"Yeah" Emily said wiping a tear that was falling on Isabella's cheek.

"It's gonna hurt, isn't it?" Bella asked scared.

"I'm not gonna lie to you. It will hurt a little." Emily said. "But you'll need that in order to get better, okay?" she said calmly.

"Okay" Bella cried.

"Oh come here. I'll give you a big hug" Emily said sitting on the bed and hugging Bella.

"Actually mom, wouldn't it be a little better if her uncle did that?" Nurse Maggie said. "He can give her a big bear hug and she can squeeze your hand" the nurse said and Emily nodded yes.

"Derek is going to hug you, okay?" Emily told Bella.

"Okay" the girl cried and let go of Emily. Derek sat on Bella's right side where Emily had sat.

"Alright so you hug him laying on this hand right here" the nurse said showing Bella how she should hug Derek and she hugged him.

"You're gonna be okay princess" Derek said soothing her hair.

Doctor Sarah was the one that was going to give her the shot. She pulled a bit of Isabella's shorts down to show her bum.
"Hold her tight" the doctor said without any sound coming out of her mouth. Derek and Emily nodded yes. The doctor rubbed alcohol and fanned with her hand for it to dry.

"Mom" Bella cried scared.

"It's okay honey. You're gonna be alright" Emily said holding Bella's hand.

"Alright. Do you want me to count?" The doctor asked.

"No" Bella cried.

"Okay" she said. She was about to do it when suddenly...

"Wait! Wait" Bella cried. "Just wait a little bit." And the doctor held the shot on her hand and said "honey we gotta do it now okay?"

"No. Please wait" she cried. "Just a little bit. Wait! Wait. Mom" she cried.

"Bella it's okay. Hey! they gotta do it now baby" Emily said.

"No please no I don't want to" she cried. The doctor signed that she was going for it and Emily nodded a yes.
"Au" Bella cried when she felt the poke. She closed her eyes tight and buried her face in Derek's arm as the pain got worse and worse. She started crying but she was trying hard to keep herself from screaming.

"Au that hurts too much" she cried.

"I know sweetheart. It's almost done. It's almost done" the doctor said and she tried to move a little but Derek, Maggie and Emily held her.

"Don't move Bella don't move" Doctor Sullivan said. "We are almost done here" she said reaching the middle of the shot.

"Ahhhhhh" Bella cried. "Stop it!" She begged.

"You're almost done" Emily said with tears in her eyes. Isabella kept crying till the doctor was done.

"All done sweetie. It's over" the doctor said putting a band-aid on it. Isabella didn't say anything she just cried. Derek pulled her up so she could lay down on his lap.