Chapter 44: At JJ's and Check-ups

It was 3:26 am when Isabella woke up sweating. She checked her phone for the time and went to the bathroom. When she got back on the bed she couldn't sleep anymore so she decided to go downstairs and watch a movie. She took her covers with her. She put a Harry Potter film on and turned the volume way down and put subtitles so her mother wouldn't wake up. She knew Emily needed to rest. She laid on the couch with her blanket and her covers and watched almost half of the movie until she fell asleep.

.

It was a little over 8 when Emily woke up. She brushed her teeth and then went to check on Bella. She found the bed empty with only the pillows in it. She walked downstairs and found the girl fast asleep on the couch with the menu of Harry Potter playing. She went to get breakfast and then sat on the other couch and pressed play on the remote. During the movie she caught herself staring at the sleeping girl a couple of times. She could stare for hours at the peaceful face Bella had while sleeping and how she held that blanket so tightly.
Almost at the end of the movie Penelope called to see how Bella was doing and Emily told her the girl was asleep in the living room and everything. She also invited Penelope over after work if the team didn't travel on a new case. Of course Penelope said she would go. Then they hung up and Emily went back to watching the movie.

.

It was almost 11 when Bella woke up and found Emily staring at her.

"Hi" Bella said.

"Hi" Emily said smiling. "Are you feeling better?"

"I don't know" Isabella answered.

"You couldn't sleep last night?" Emily asked.

"No. But apparently I caught up on it" Bella said closing her eyes again.

"Do you want cereal?" Emily asked standing up to go get it and Bella nodded yes. She knew Emily wanted her to eat something so she did.
After eating, Isabella stayed watching tv while Emily took a shower.

"You should shower" Emily said coming down the stairs. "Or at least change your clothes. You don't want to stay all day in pajamas again, do you?"

"Actually I do" Bella said honestly and Emily smiled.

"Well. Actually" Emily said heading to the couch. "We have a new rule."

"Oh yeah?" Bella asked knowing exactly what was coming.

"No pajamas if it's not bed time" Emily said. "Come on. Go change" she smiled and Bella smiled back.

"Okay" Bella said getting up. Emily hugged her and then she went upstairs.

While Emily worked on some paper work from her last case, Isabella showered. She got downstairs wearing black leggings and a hoodie that was definitely too big on her.

"Are you cold?" Emily asked.

"I don't know " Bella said.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Emily laughed but she was worried and Bella laid on the couch.
They watched tv and around 3pm Emily made mac and cheese. Bella started eating and felt a bit hot so she took the hoodie off, she was wearing a family guy T-shirt. They ate and went back to watching tv.
Around 4 Chloe went over with more homework and the girls sat at the dining room table to do it. Luckily there wasn't as much as the day before, they just had Geography and Science to do.
Once they were done they headed to Isabella's bedroom.

"So how are you feeling B?" Chloe asked.

"Sick" Bella said. "And tired"

"You feel sick all the time?" Chloe asked.