Chapter 42: It's Bad

Depuis le début

"It will stop soon" Emily said.

"I've got you" Derek said as she cried and tightened her grip on his shirt.

"Mom" she cried.

"I'm right here" Emily said and touched Bella's head. The girl grabbed her mother's arm and pulled it do her neck. The doctor covered Bella up.

"It hurts" Isabella cried.

"We know sweetie, I'm sorry you needed that." doctor Sullivan said.

"It's okay" Bella cried whispering. The doctor smiled and everyone else in the room did the same.

"Try to go to sleep princess" Derek said and tightened his hug on the girl.

"Cover her ear" Emily said handing Derek Isabella's blanket.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Just cover her ear and be quiet" Emily said. "It calms her down. She'll listen to your heart better" she said very low so Bella wouldn't hear. It took about 14 minutes for Bella to cry herself to sleep.
The doctor went back to check on her and said that she had to be monitored so she would need to stay in the hospital for the night and depending on how things went she would be able to go home around lunch time.

"What about the other 2 shots?" Emily asked.

"We can do the second one tomorrow before she goes home and the third one you can either bring her here to do it or get someone to go over to your house. Any clinic does penicillin really. So you can do it what's best and easier" doctor Sullivan said.

"Alright" Emily said.

The doctor left and Emily sat on the chair close to the bed. Isabella was fast asleep in Derek's arms and Penelope was siting at the end of the bed. Emily turned the tv on.

After about half an hour Derek put Bella down on the bed and changed places with Emily. Emily sat next to Bella and just stared at the sleeping girl who still had a sticky face from crying. Time went by and they watched tv and hang out all day, getting visits from JJ who brought some food for them and from the nurse and the doctor from time to time to check on the girl.
Isabella slept a long time and was waken up by Emily to eat dinner. It was 8:30.

"Hi" Emily said the second Bella opened her eyes.

"Hi" the girl whispered.

"We need you to eat something right now alright?" Emily said and Bella nodded yes and closed her eyes.
"Let's get the bed up" Emily said and pressed a button on the bed. Bella opened her eyes and made herself comfortable close to Emily.
"It's pumpkin soup. JJ made it" Emily said with a smile. She knew Bella liked pumpkin soup.

"I need to go to the bathroom" Isabella said low embarrassed.

"I'll take you" Derek said and went to pick her up.

"No. Mom" she said.

"Hey calm down kid. I'll just give you a ride there" he said and picked Bella up. Emily followed them and took the Iv pole and went in the bathroom with Bella. She peed and then they went out.

"Come here" Derek said.

"No. I can walk" Bella said and kept walking holding on to the Iv pole.

"You sure can" Derek said and walked behind her just in case she suddenly needed support. She started climbing in bed and Emily helped her. Isabella's bum was still hurting a bit. She laid down and Emily got the tray so she could eat. Bella had eaten half of it and watched some tv when suddenly...

"I don't feel very good" Bella said putting the spoon down on the tray.

"Do you think you'll throw up?" Emily asked concern and Derek was already ready holding a bucket.