#56, El Clásico

The Santiago Bernabéu was full to the last seat when Pai, Emilia, Emma, Gil, Jo, Davi – pretty much everyone they knew and loved in Spain, Brazil, and Australia – had taken theirs in the family corner near the players' benches

The Santiago Bernabéu was full to the last seat when Pai, Emilia, Emma, Gil, Jo, Davi – pretty much everyone they knew and loved in Spain, Brazil, and Australia – had taken theirs in the family corner near the players' benches. There was a buzz going around the crowd; nervous excitement was tangible in the air and anticipation of the upcoming highlight of football history could virtually be touched simply by stretching out a hand.

Pai put a hand on Emilia's knee; it had been bobbing up and down relentlessly due to anxiety. He leaned toward her and squeezed. "Relax, everything will work out fine."

She harumphed. "How can you be so sure?"

He smiled. "Because she's your daughter, after all. She'll do great, trust me."

"Smoothtalker", she grumbled back, but couldn't help but smile at the compliment. If she was resilient; then so was her daughter – even more so. Still, she was nervous; knowing what was about to happen in the catacombs of the stadium would do that to a person.

Davi, who was sitting on his grandpa's lap, giggled at her reaction. Emilia ruffled up the boy's blond hair, at which he wiggled away from her with a squeal and a laugh that made her heart melt, despite their current situation. Bless this boy for being so innocent.

"Have you heard anything yet?" Emma asked from behind them. She sat in the next row but was currently leaning forward to stick her head between Pai and Emilia. The worried look on her face told them what she was referring to – the agent had told them to wait for news and not come looking for Tamira. Any intervention on their part could endanger the operation. Which made them proverbial sitting ducks, at least in Emma's book. All she wanted to do is get to wherever Tamira was and kick some ass and help her best friend.

Pai checked his phone, which proved to be difficult since Davi was currently playing a game on it. "Not yet," he said with a sigh. Emilia had checked her cell as well, shaking her head miserably. The woman was a wreck, as far as Emma could tell. But that was to be expected when your daughter was in the middle of a potentially life-threatening situation; no matter how convincing and reassuring the FBI had tried to be. You just worried, simply put. And Emilia wasn't the only one by far.

"Ney's getting nervous as fuck," Rafaella said next to Emma. The Brazilian girl was staring at her own phone and typing furiously. "The guys keep asking him things he can't answer yet. They can't believe that Tami would go talk to a Real scout right before the match."

Emma rolled her eyes and leaned back, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, they're in for a surprise when they find out the truth later. Besides, he should totally kick their asses for thinking Tami would ever leave. You can write him I said that. He'll know it's not a joke."

Gil, Jo and the rest chuckled and Rafa typed some more before putting her phone into the pocket of her jeans when the deed was done. Still, there was concern and worry on everyone's faces despite Emma's attempt of cracking a joke. Her eyes landed on the big screen that would show the score later – it was almost time for the kick-off. "They should be done by now, shouldn't they? The match begins in a few."