#9, Dancing

"Didn't your mother tell you that eavesdropping isn't polite?" Tamira replied, masking the irritation she felt inside with a pleasant look and a picture-perfect smile

Before Neymar could answer, the girl next to him – a Latino beauty in a black short dress – introduced herself as Rafaella, his sister. For some reason, that reminded Tami of Emma's stupid comment from before. Happy family. Yuck.

"And this is Gil," Rafaella said, pointing toward the other man in suit. Now this one, this one was handsome! He had dimples in his cheeks when he smiled at her!

"Nice to meet you," Tamira said, actually meaning it.

"Likewise," Rafaella said with a mischievous smile. "We've heard a lot about yo–"

Before she could finish, Neymar had boxed his elbow into her side. "Can we keep this short? There's a bunch of photographers here and they're looking our way," he quickly explained the situation. "Don't look!" he warned as soon as Tamira was about to look over her shoulder.

"They're really there," Emma confirmed, knowing Tami wouldn't want to believe Neymar's words alone. "So you need to be all nice and friendly, I guess?" she asked him in a kind tone.

Neymar nodded, a smile showing on his face that wasn't fake for a change; the black girl certainly started to grow on him. "You guessed it. And since there was this question about how we get along at the conference, I have been advised to show them wrong."

Tamira sighed heavily. She hated publicity games with a passion, but there was no helping it. "Alrighty then. Care to dance? This is a stupid gala after all."

Neymar couldn't hide his displeasure the suggestion caused. His face was one big frown.

"You do realize that would be the easiest way, right?" Tamira further explained. "Of course, we could just simply continue to stand here, have a pleasant conversation and hope the media people make a picture of us and–"

"Dance it is!" he interrupted her, surprising her by taking her hand and guiding her towards the dance floor, with the gentlemanly hand resting on her lower back.

Tamira bit her lip, oddly taken by his move. But then again, he was simply already in his role of the friendly teammate.

------

"You know," Emma said as she, Gil and Rafaella watched the two football players dance to a faster paced song (a samba beat, which was a pleasant surprise for this stuck-up gala). They were doing their best to smile and pretend to get along."For two people who don't think that highly of one another, they sure look awfully good together."

Gil chuckled and nodded his head. "So what's Tamira's take on good old Ney anyways?"

Emma eyed the other man. "Like I'm going to tell you! Would you tell me about his opinion?"

"Touché."

"Let's just hope the two will keep a cool head for a little while," Rafaella said, sighing heavily. Thankfully, the media had taken the bait and were making pictures of them.