#21, Christmas time

Christmas rolled around, and with it a mighty winter that Barcelona hadn't seen in decades

Christmas rolled around, and with it a mighty winter that Barcelona hadn't seen in decades. Blizzard storm included. Of course, that interesting detail led to a number of things, all of which Tamira hated with a passion.

Number one of hated things was the weather itself: it got cold. Really cold. She hated the cold.

Then, much to her dismay, Emilia had insisted on an afternoon with the "Neymars" - that's what the Brazilian family had become in her mind at least. Because the "da Silva Santoses" simply sounded stupid. Seriously, what was it with the long surnames? Stupid. Just like the guy going by that name, if you added the Junior.

Anyways... why her mother wanted to play happy family was still way beyond her. But seeing as Tamira and Neymar had started to "get along", there wasn't really anything she could do or say that would have prevented the family get-together, which happened only a few days after Christmas at the Neymars' house.

Where number three of hated things happened - because on that happy family day of fun, Emilia and Pai told them they'd be away for New Years. "They" being the two of them. On a romantic get-away. In the snowy mountains somewhere. Together. Alone.

Yuck.

Now, this initially hadn't been a hated thing per definition. At first, Tamira hadn't had anything to say about it. On the contrary, having her mother away for New Years meant she could throw that party she and Emma had dreamed about and invite some people, both from the football world as well as a bunch of colleagues from Emma's office.

But, alas, God had apparently other plans for her.

Thanks to the blizzard storm hitting Barcelona only a few days before the end of the year, Tamira's house was hit; first by lightning, leaving them with the heating system broken and their power station roasted; then by a frikking palm tree falling on her balcony, destroying the glass front of her bedroom in the process. How could a tree even fall like that?

So to sum it up: Tamira had no light, no warmth, no balcony door, no party.

And nowhere to stay until things were fixed.

"You want to go to a hotel? Oh no, you don't need to go to a hotel! Why don't you just stay with us? We're family now, aren't we? A big, great, frikking wonderful family!"

Okay, so that wasn't exactly how Neymar Pai had invited the Singers to their home, but for Tamira it didn't really make a difference, and she kept repeating the words while they packed up their bags, ignoring Emma's chuckles next to her. So that had created number four of hated things - her and Neymar staying under the same roof over a number of days.

Which made number three all the more icky and hate-worthy. Because, as fate would have it, they were going to be alone, while their parents were on their trip.

"Now," Emilia said before their departure, "the repair guys told me they'll look into it as soon as they can, but with the holidays and all they'll only be able to start working after New Years. I'll call you when I hear something from them, alright?"