#35, "Marina's"

To say Neymar was totally pissed off at her was the understatement of the century

To say Neymar was totally pissed off at her was the understatement of the century. He was virtually seething, boiling inside, just thinking about what she'd made him do the other night.

Crawl down a balcony! Sneak out of a house!

What the actual fuck?

Naturally, he'd been so angry with her for making him do this, he'd not answered any of her text messages that had followed the event; lest he call her names he would regret at a later moment (probably).

Also naturally, he'd been in dire need to vent. Screw her and her wish to keep it secret!

"Still seething on the inside, I see," his best friend Gil joked next to him. He carelessly paged through the cocktail menu that was lying on the small table between them. Of course Neymar had confided in his best friend. Who else was there to talk to? Too bad that meant that his sister was going to find out soon enough; for whatever reason, Gil was never able to keep a secret from Rafaella. Come to think of it, neither could he. Thank God his sister was back in Brazil for the time being.

Neymar sighed, taking a sip of his to-go drink, named rather un-inspiringly "The Sport Drink". Unlike the name though, it was good.

Gil continued after Neymar didn't reply. "Come on, you can't seriously think you're gonna be able to avoid her forever. It's not that easy."

If only it were. Neymar cleared his throat, taking a look around.

They were sitting in Dani's favorite coffee shop of the city, "Marina's", a weird yet cozy little place near the Plaza de Catalunya. The air smelled of freshly roasted coffee beans. A radio softly played the latest hits that were popular in Spain or Barcelona. The customers, of which the little shop had plenty, were comfortably chatting away on all kinds of chairs and tables, not two pieces looking the same – at one table, there was a neon orange plastic chair from the 60s or so along with a normal wooden chair, a green soft cushioned armchair and a beanbag.

No piece of furniture really seemed to fit or belong together, but in a weird way everything somehow matched and added to the cozy, homely charm of the coffee shop.

Dani was still standing by the long dark wooden counter on the other side of the room as he waited for his coffee-to-go, chatting with a small barrel-shaped woman standing on the counter's other side good-naturedly, while a young woman with blonde hair prepared the drink for him. Next to him, a tall red-haired girl stood, focussing a small camera at the blonde waitresses frame, obviously filming the girl during her work.

Maybe things would be easier with that one, Neymar mused as he watched the blonde joke around with what seemed to be a friend of hers, asking her to stop the filming. In another time and place maybe they could have met here. He could have flirted with her from across the counter, they could have exchanged numbers, gone out on a date, fallen in love... Or maybe they would have met on set of some advertising campaign from the club or one of his sponsors. Maybe she would have been an aspiring young actress, or maybe she'd just done her red-head filming obsessed friend a favor and played the part in a video together with the FC Barcelona.