#52, A much-needed break

Thanks to all the fuss and drama that had been added to their life these past few weeks, they'd all but forgotten the invitation to the party

June was halfway over, and because of all the important matches at the end of the season which were coming up and needed all of their attention, Leo Messi had decided he wanted to celebrate his birthday two weeks early. "Everyone needs a break anyway," he'd told Neymar and the rest of his colleagues of both the men's and the mixed gender team when he'd surprised them with invites. "So why not use my birthday as an excuse for that?"

That had been before the Bilbao disaster when the initiative had to take quite a few hits no thanks to the diverse club incidents involving everyone's "favorite" Barca couple. Nevertheless, it was the best idea anyone had come up with in the past couple of weeks. Besides, what was the club to do? Forbid the best player in the world, their key player and unchallenged number one, to celebrate his own birthday? They would never dare.

"You have no idea how in the mood I am for this," Tamira told Neymar as they both made themselves ready for the party – a very casual affair in form of an Argentinean barbeque (Leo's favorite way to celebrate). Of course, there was going to be vegetarian food for her there as well, Leo had assured, while the rest of their teammates had made fun of her for missing out on his infamous steaks and whatnot.

Neymar lifted an eyebrow and gave his girlfriend a look by way of mirror. They were both standing in the bathroom. Neymar was fixing up his hair and Tamira was applying her make-up for the evening. He tilted his head. "Is that you being sarcastic or you being serious?"

Because, in all honesty, he couldn't really tell right now. Why did women always have to look this weird and ridiculous when applying mascara? You know that look: huge eyes, constant blinking, mouth wide open. You never knew what they were really thinking when they were right in the middle of it.

Tamira stopped – but that was more due to her laughing at his words than giving him a look he could actually identify. "I was being serious, Ney!" She screwed the mascara back together and tossed it onto the surface of the sink. Apparently, she was finished, because she put her hands on her hips and grinned at the mirror as she gave herself a look-over. "Yep, I'm awesome," she said and struck out her tongue cheekily.

Neymar laughed, pulling his fingers through his hair strands one last time. Then he stood behind his girlfriend and put his arms around her, eyeing the both of them in the mirror now. "I'll say," he whispered as he pressed a kiss into her neck. Automatically, her head tilted to the side to give him better access. Her hands rested on his arms, fingers softly brushing over them. It gave him chills; too bad they were running late already, otherwise, he'd be occupied by now with hooking up that yellow summer dress over her hips and–

"Don't even think about it, we're already late as it is!" she chastised him. He grimaced, but still amused despite the discontent her announcement gave him – mainly because she couldn't hide that dirty grin on her face fast enough for him not to see.