The Conclusion

"Lily!"
"Mama!"
I can hear the noise of people in the living room. I hear cars, I can hear my parent's voices....
"MAMA!" No...don't scream...still hurts....
Someone grabs me from behind, touching my face and checking for wounds on my body.
"I'm fine Papa..."
"Oh my darling..."
Mama joins us in our embrace and I am simply shaking. There is a dead man in our living room...I killed Reuben....

Nooooooo I don't want to be here! The familiar smell of a hospital pinches my nostrils and simply makes me sick.

"What's going on?" I asked out loud before I realised who was in my hospital room;
Papa stands over me, quite calmly. Very calm. "How are you darling? Feeling ok?"
"Fine." I said quickly. Apart from my sore throat ofcourse.
"Where's mama?"
"With the police"
"Where's Baloo?"
"He's in the next room, talking to the police...uhmm he has some injuries but he will be fine...has been asking about you for the past hour."
I smile closing my eyes knowing all is well......Ahhhhhhhhhh
"Wait. Reuben?? The other inmates?? Is he dead? O Papa I killed him! I---"
"Calm down. Papa says as he touches my forehead lightly, he's fine. Well...not fine...he, the bastard will never hurt anyone ever again. He woke up and tried to attack a policeman and he was shot in the left knee. He will never walk again and he is obviously going to be locked up. The snake he is, he wouldn't go down alone, ratted out his cohorts too. They are in custody the stupid bastards--they were caught trying to cross the border---degenerates! I can't even believe----
"But why couldn't I find you? Where were you??"
"For that, we'll have to apologise, your mother and I, please forgive us for leaving you...we thought you'll be safe...when we heard about the prison break, I had decided...we had decided to get a gun or two for protection and we had already started the process some days ago; Last night, while we were listening to the news, it was reported that Reuben was highly dangerous and could possibly be either trying to escape to Guinea or trying to find you.....he sighed heavily, pausing to take off his glasses and cleaning them with the end of his shirt. He put them back on and grunted...; so...your mother became very upset and there was nothing I could do. She wanted that gun immediately, I called my good friend who was working the papers for me and he promised I will get it in a few days. But you know your mother...she insisted we get to the gun store and get the gun...so we drove out knowing or rather believing you were safe....we got the gun...but too late...terrible timing too..."
"Wow...."
"I'm so sorr--"
"No Papa, don't you see? If you and Mama had been in the house, you could have been dead by now! Can't you see? This is incredible Papa! It all worked out! Praise God!"
It all worked out. God took them out of the house because Reueben and I had unfinished business...
It all worked out...the man is lame and probably blind.
It all worked out...
I am ok. I am ok. I am ok.
Papa is slightly startled by my explosive joy. "Well, well...this is the best part...."
"What Papa?"
"You have Joy inside you, your eyes laugh...I hear peace in your voice."
I don't say anything. I don't have to. My very exhausted Papa lumbers to a chair and sits heavily in it, sighing as he does so.
Why yes, I'm happy.

Thank you for reading my book. - Rosaline Johnson.
Follow me on instagram -iyabode_roz ☺

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 21, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Orgasmsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें