They meet

''Lily!''
A shadow falls from under my bedroom door. He was right outside my room. We are alone today again. I hate being alone with him.
''What do you want?!'' I yell back.
''Someone's here to see you.'' Reuben replies. The shadow dissapears and I hear the fading sounds of his flip flops as he walks away.
Ok. I never have visitors. So this is strange.

Balogun stands outside my door with his hands in his pockets. He smiles nervously biting his lower lip as my eyes grow wide. No no no...
I grab him by the collar and pull him in violently. I take a quick glance outside to make sure Papa or Mama are not there. ''What are you doing?!'' I say in a loud whisper.
''I miss you!'' He whispers back.
'' Look. I meant to call back Baloo.'' I say still whispering.
He leans in close and rolls his eyes at me. ''Why the fuck are we whispering?''
Just then Reuben walks in with a red binder in his hand. He pauses for some time maybe contemplating his next move. He puts out a big hand with long fingers at Balogun. ''I don't believe I mentioned, I am Lilian's cousin. Reuben.''
I know Balogun knows exactly who this is...
A sick feeling grows in my stomach as Balogun takes his hand fimly, never twitching at the realization of who this is. ''Balogun James. Lilian's boyfriend.''