Scavenge

I woke up in an empty bed, where's Reagan? I thought to myself. I got up out of my bed and stretched. I walked outside to see all my friends gathered up at one picnic table.
"Hey! Evan!" Marcel said standing and meeting up with me half way to the bench.
"Uh, what's going on?" I asked looking at Tyler but him looking away from me instantly.
"David and Lui saw a camp nearby, it looks vacant at the moment so we can see if someone left any supplies". I nodded agreeing to go,
"Is everyone going?" I asked.
"Yeah" he said looking back at all the guys at the table. "What time?"
"We should go now, we don't know who's out there but whoever it is, we need to get the supplies before them" Luke said. Everyone agreed to Luke's idea to go now so we grabbed some weapons. I walked into Ryan's Trailer and grabbed my pistol and AK Marcel gave me under my bed so Reagan wouldn't play with it.
I saw Reagan sitting at the table eating cereal with no milk. "No milk?" I asked laughing under my breath as I squatted down to her level. "Yeah, I like it this way better" she said smiling, I smiled back.
"Well, your dad and I are heading out. We'll be right back I promise, okay? Just, stay out of trouble" I said. She nodded and before I knew it, we were hugging. I patted her head and left the trailer. We then headed into the forest.
"She really looks up to you" Ryan said,
"Yeah, not as much as you and Bryce" I said trying to make it not seem like Ryan was getting jealous of how Reagan talks about me.
"I appreciate you taking care of her, watching out for her. It's hard out here ever since the outbreak, and Bryce and I really appreciate the extra help" he said smiling at me.
"Anything to help" I said smiling back.
We made it to the camp. I hid behind a tree as Jonathan ran up to the one next to me. Marcel and Tyler got up to check for anyone.
"It looks cl-" Tyler said before getting cut off by a bullet flying straight into his shoulder.
"Tyler!" I yelled in shock,
"Get down!" Marcel yelled.
I saw Jonathan shut his eyes hard and look away from Tyler. He took deep breaths and then aimed at the woods and started firing shots, I fired at the woods also. The shots rang through the woods, our camp, every walker, everyone in the world could hear our shots.
Tyler laid on the ground lifelessly, I had to see if he was okay, even if he was dead I had to check. I army crawled to his body and grabbed his other hand. I then carried him behind a bush, he opened his eyes slowly.
"E-Evan?" He asked, "you were shot, I'm going to bring you back to the camp so you can get healed" I said over the gunshots.
"No, just leave me, I wanna be with Craig"
I scoffed, "you're delusional" I said lifting him up going to bring him back to camp.
I started running away from the shoot out and started running towards the camp.
"EVAN PUT ME DOWN! LEAVE ME TO DIE!" I ignored it all and by that moment only focused on him being safe.