Understanding

I accidentally said Evans dad left when he was seven but then said he left when he was six so I'm just gonna say that his dad left when he was six okay.

I woke up in Ryan's trailer, what happened last night? I saw little Reagan sleeping next to me,
I guess they really trust me. I stood up and walked outside. I saw Marcel talking to Tyler as they were sitting at the bench across each other. Marcel caught me from the corner of his eye and started walking towards me.
He placed a hand on my shoulder,
"You did the right thing shooting Craig, if you hadn't, Tyler would've gotten bit" he said.
I nodded remembering what happened yesterday, hitting me in flashes.
"Also, I wanted to say thanks for saving my daughter...", I nodded.
"I'm gonna, get back to Tyler"
"Okay" I said as he patted my shoulder and walked off. I saw two girls handling some crops near the forest. I walked over, "need any help?" I asked.
"No thanks, we're good" one said.
"I'm Evan" I said leaning on the fence that covered around the little section of crops.
"I'm Simone"
"I'm Sarah"
"How long have you girls been here for?"
"I came here with my husband and daughter a couple weeks ago" Simone said.
"I came here 2 weeks ago with my son Lui, we were looking for help", I nodded.
We talked a little more and then I left to sit at the "camp fire" which was now burned out.
I sat there wondering what I was going to do, where I was going to go, why I survived.
"Hey"
I jumped being startled, "you started me" I said to Jon out of breath.
"Sorry"
"It's fine"
"I saw you... save that little girl and save Tyler"
He said. "Yeah" I said sighing.
"You're quite amazing" he said, I turned to look at him and he was a dark rose color.
"I only killed Craig so he wouldn't infect Tyler, I would never live with myself if I let that happen" I said staring back down at the dry logs in the center.
"I don't understand why we have to kill them, they're still people. They just don't understand like we do"
"Jon, they're not living. They're dead, all they do is kill and eat-"
"They have a brain like us... right? So they have to have some sense in them, you just gotta let them understand", I nodded but inside thinking what he was saying was wrong.
There was no changing the way they think or who they are anymore, they're dead, and that's all they'll ever be.