20- Skype

The following Friday I sat in my living room at around 7:00 PM watching Jerry Springer. It had been weeks since I've watched Jerry Springer. I spent weekends at Jayson's home and Jayson would spend weeknights with me at my house. Jayson was not a fan of the Jerry Springer show. That week Jayson was out of town. He left the previous Monday and was not going to return until the following Sunday. I missed him. We talked every night and he would stay on the phone at nights with me until I fell asleep. He also called me every morning before I left for work.

#-----------#-----------#
The previous Wednesday night, I was watching television, while talking with Jayson at the same time. I was skipping through the television stations when I saw the words 'breaking news' running across a news channel. A senator was found dead in his home, he was found face down in his dinner. On the news, the person who found him speculated that his wife poisoned him because he was cheating with his secretary. Mr. Gauz should thank God Xena didn't do that to him. I got extremely afraid for some reason and Jayson decided that we should switch to skype so that he could watch me while I slept. I felt safer.
#-----------#------------#

I finished watching an episode of Jerry Springer and was about to start another episode when I heard my laptop make a sound. I looked over and noticed that someone was trying to skype me so I went over to the small table that my laptop sat on. I thought that Jayson was the one calling but I noticed it was my mother, so I quickly answered.

"Mommy!"

"Ashley, you trying to make me deaf child?" My mother asked in her native tongue.

"What's up my queen?" I asked my mother.

"Nothing. Everybody misses you so I decided to call you."

"Oh ok, so where is everybody?"

"Hold on." She said holding a finger up. Then she started to shout. "I have Ashley on skype!"

Soon after, my brothers and father came in front of the camera. My father pulled up a chair beside my mother while My brothers who were still in their school uniform stood over them.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" I said smiling at them.

"We are good, how are you? You look really happy." My father replied.

"I'm doing great daddy." I laughed. "I look happy because I am happy."

"Good, I want you to stay that way." My father said smiling brightly at me. I loved being a daddy's girl.

"Why are you guys still in your uniforms?" I questioned my brothers.

"We just came in," Alston answered.

"We had CSEC classes." Aston finished. "We got the money you sent, thank you."
It was weird when my brothers completed each other's sentences or said the same thing at the same time but I guess it's a twin thing.

"You're welcome."

On a monthly basis, I would send money to my parents to help out with my brothers, but I liked to send them pocket money also.

"I hate that you think that you have to take care of us." My mother said frowning slightly. I know my parents felt that they should be taking care of me and not the other way around but I love them and if I have money, they automatically have money too. I wish they would stop thinking that I shouldn't help them.

"Mom stop, it's no big deal. Anyways," I said changing the subject. "How's everything back home?"

"Everything's good, we just miss you." My mother said. "When are you coming home?"

"I don't know as yet."

"You should come home for Christmas," Alston advised.

"Yes, and take Biannca." Ashton said.