Snape and the boys

-Alex's Perspective-

We were all in the great hall, sat around doing any homework we could. Currently our task was potions. My favourite subject.

Hermione was on the end of the group, then Ron, then me and next to me was Harry.

The twins were opposite and next to George was Neville.

The study work was on antidotes and it wasn't anything overly exciting.
Hermione was on her tenth page, Harry on his sixths, me on my third and I'm pretty sure Rons only written the date, title and a four line introduction.

'Deflating Draught: Reverses swelling caused by spells, stings or other magical causes for inflation such as the effects of the Swelling Solution.'

I wrote, sighing heavily. Snape, as always made us to work in pure silence. We'd already been hit once when me and Ron sniggered at a Ravenclaw, Stephen Cornfoot who had ran in and subsequently fallen over.

"This is mad, at this rate we'll be the only ones without partners." Ron whispered after a long sigh then looking round at everyone else.
Unfortunately Snape was behind him and shoved his head further into his book. "Ah! Well, us and Neville." Ron continued.

"But then again he can take himself." Harry sniggered back.

"It might interest you to know, Neville already has a date." Hermione leaning over Ron to tell us. I didn't know Neville had a date?

"Now I'm really depressed." Ron mused slumping into his seat even more than he originally was.

"What because you can't be bothered and he can?" I said back to him looking up from my writing

"What's up with you-" Ron was cut off as Snape shoved mine and his head into our books again. We both sighed again and turned back to our work.

But then Ron got passed a note by George who was opposite us. Because I was sat next to him I crained my neck to look at it, it read;

'Hurry up all the good ones will be gone."

I was confused and looked up to see the twins grinning.

"Who you going with then?" Ron threw back the note

Fred balled it up and threw it at a girl who I think was called Angelina, I'd seen her around before. When she turned around Fred smiled, she looked more pissed off.
But then Fred began to mime to her:

'You'
He mounted and pointed to her.
'Want to go to go to the ball-'
He pretended to dance with himself
'With me?'
He pointed to himself with both thumbs

The girl was surprisingly flattered and nods, 'sure' she mouthed back.

Fred just winks at us. The boys let out a heavy sigh each and returned to the work, but only for a second.

"Oi Hermione, your a girl." Ron said turning to her.

"Well spotted." Hermione laughed back

"Shut up." I elbowed him as Snape began to approach but also because I could tell where this was going.

"Ron!" Harry urged, for the same reasons.

"Come for a dance?" He copied his brother by pretending to dance with himself.

"Ro-" I was cut off as a book came into contact with the back of my head, it also smacked Harry's and Ron. "Ow." I let out rubbing it as it throbbed.

"Well it's one thing for a boy to be alone, but a girl it's just sad." Ron started up again as soon as Snape was out of ear shot. I punched him, he can't come out with things like that the git.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone asked me." Hermione was clearly insulted by this, her tone strong and face holding an annoyed look. She arose from her seat and walked up to Professor Snape and handed in her book, only to walk back and grab the rest of her bag and small amount of books.
"And I said yes." She snapped and strutted off. As she exited my annoyance towards Ron grew.

"Bloody hell." He said breathing out.

"Ron you idiot!" I cried to him.

"Alex, you can't have someone-"

"Shut up before I punch you. Because I actually have."

"Really?"

At this moment I punched him on the arm.

"Yes! Ron you asshat!"

I stood up to leave before I punched him for real, plus Hermione was keeping me sane around the boys. I turned to find Snape and give him my book. But I was surprised to find him directly behind me.

"Going somewhere Fletcher?" He asked in his normal monotone voice his left eyebrow rising but the rest of his face staying exactly the same. I could smell his breath like he'd never even thought of brushing his teeth.

"I'm done." I started staring into the black balls he calls eyes.

He grabbed my book with force and proceeded to read it, I hadn't finished I just wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. I had a nervous habit of bouncing from one foot to another and my hands clammed up.

"Umm...it appears you are correct Miss Fletcher." Snape said as he skim read my handwriting. I was confused, I most definitely wasn't finished, his next sentence made me realise he hadn't changed. "But you also seemed to have forgotten the detention I gave you last week. What was the reason of you absence?" He asked only looking up when he finished his sentence.

"Um-I forgot." I thought quickly, it wasn't necessarily a lie but wasn't the full truth either.

"We'll make sure you don't forget to turn up to the one this evening." He sneered as I reached back for my bag.

I didn't respond, only walked away extremely confused.