The late arrival

-Alex's Perspective-

The feast started and everyone was having no problem of holding back. The food appeared from air. A click of Dumbledore's fingers was all it needed and was suddenly, here it was.

I was tucking into some gammon which was honey drizzled, with bread and a mysterious drink, which I believe was called pumpkin juice.
And surprisingly it was rather nice, not like anything I've had before but certainly something I want to have again.

I was listening to everyone's conversations. A group of near by third years going on about, what they did in the summer.
Fred and George talking to the guy that introduced himself as Lee arguing about the best Quidditch team and what was and wasn't fair about the Bulgarian and Irish game.

Then there was Ron, Seamus and Dean who had no self shame drooling over the Beauxbatons girls.
Hermione was talking to Harry about possible upcoming homework, even though Harry showed no interest in it at all.

The doors opened and a group of four men were guided in by Filtch. They carried two long beams with them, on that a castle type structure made of gold. Fancy decorations and markings spread throughout it, I stopped eating and watched. The conversations around me all so dull and this looked rather interesting.

Filtch ushered the men to place it out on a dark wooded platform. This seemed to have gathered the attention of everyone else in the hall, chatter still prominent but their eyes diverted to the casket. 

Which was now down and Dumbledore was walking to the middle of the hall. He was carrying his robes and moved fast.

"Your attention please." His voice bellowed throughout the hall, the stone helping it bounce and travel. The conversations began to drift off, and heads turned to him.

"I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory will be held by the chosen student that wins the cup." His voice was loud and gruff, not the one that I'd heard when I was in the sorting.
"But they must fight through three task, these are not to be taken lightly. They are defining of men, they break the strongest shoulders and above all is the most danger any student will ever be put in."

I heard the twins mutter something that was a sort of impression they had on this 'danger'.

But although Dumbledores speech was a very interesting and I respected him a great deal, my eyes seemed to wonder over to a door. The shadows consumed the person that opened it. But my eyes where in that line of site.

"Because of this exceeding danger the ministry has sent in a the head of trails and tournaments, Mr Bartamus Crouch-"

Crouch stood from the table, the memory of the dark mark flashed in my mind and my arm began to pain again, but what I thought was in my head happened.

A flash of light reflected across the hall blinding us in the process, people gasping and screaming as a crack of thunder ruffled through the sky.

Unlike everyone else my head remained up and eyes open, I watched Crouch almost drop to the floor, Dumbledore squinting and shielding his eyes with his forearm. My friends squealed, slamming their eyes shut.

A large twist of Purple darted, jetting up at the ceiling. The shot cracked and the thunder and screams ceased.
And everyone's attention diverted to the man that held his wand to the ceiling in an outstretched arm.