Skipping Class and lunch

-Alex's Perspective-

I was sat in a heap in a bank of the black lake. It was a Thursday, and I was currently meant to be in potions.

But I've had two lessons with Snape, both of which had ended with me getting a detention and extra homework. And I've skipped every class since.

Today however it wasn't just potions, I've skipped every class that I was meant to have. I just wasn't up for the looks, whispers and my mind needed a rest from thinking of this dam tournament.

The black lake seemed a perfect place to clear my mind and it was working so far.

I was skimming stones across the water top. It was as peaceful as could be.

I felt almost content with life.

But ironically as much as I came to clear my head, all I could do was think about the things I was trying to clear out.

I thought of how Snape was so aggressive to me. Every lesson he'd ask me questions beyond any of the classes intelligence to humiliate me. How he'd used my potion as the example on my first day, which I had obviously failed. And with every word that I said to someone, even if it was just me asking someone to pass me something, two points would be deducted from Gryffindor, making me primarily mute for the rest of my lessons. I was glad that I wasn't there now, otherwise I would ruin any chances that Gryffindor had left to be in the game of house champions.

Mr and Mrs Weasley hadn't replied to my letter yet. I know they got it because I saw Rupert circle the tower yesterday. I'm sure the boys have told them everything. I know Ginny hasn't because Rupert wouldn't be here if she had, unless she used a different one. I don't know.

Although it had been a week or so the face of 'Sirius' still had me wondering. Harry had given me a brief overview. He was his God father but I didn't get much more than that as we had been shuffled into our dorms by the paintings, who we were apparently keeping up. I thought about how Sirius spoke of how Harry was in danger and that this was all too grand and well connected to each other to all be just pure consistence, this I followed.

The fact Death eaters were at the game and the fact that both mine and Harry's name were pulled from the cup didn't seem to be entirely accidental.

The fact Ron had mentioned that Mr and Mrs Weasley once mentioned me as special. I thought of that. I was hardly top in any of my classes, I hadn't been in the wizarding world too long and I'd been locked in a boarding school most of my life.
Hermione had also said how I was 'some sort of different'. I personally didn't find myself different as such. I felt different because I was out the wizarding circle for the number of years everyone else was in. But the turn of phrase both the Weasleys and Hermione had used didn't appear to reference the fact that it was because I was behind everyone else. But then again at Olivanders my wand was different to the rest, a stone grey rather than black. How he had gazed at me when my wand glowed yellow. All of it was adding up but I still had no answer.

After a while I retreated from the waters edge using my scarf to protect me from the chill. I wore my robes so I wouldn't arouse suspicion from anyone for being out of class.

I reached into my bag to retrieve a book I had taken from the library, 
'A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions' and 'The Dark Arts Outsmarted.'
I'm not overly sure I'm meant to have them because I saw them placed on the trolley to leave.