Baby ~ Maria

“How did it go?” Portugal, his ally against France and Spain, had asked, sipping his morning tea that the eye brows had insisted he take.

     “It was like taking candy from a baby!” England grinned triumphantly, throwing himself over to his seat, the pride in his eyes hardly fading. He had just sailed across the seas and found himself a prize, which was just one of Spain’s many underlings, and one of the important trading cities at that time. It was Spain’s greatest fortress in Asia, actually.

     It was for siding with that frog France. Serves him right for picking the bloke over him!

     It was easy taking over the capital. He had quickly driven the Spaniards off after breaching the walled city. He even stole a large amount of gold that were stashed away in the city’s safe and took it all for himself. They had burned a few houses from left to right, something that he wasn’t so proud of.

     Sipping from his cup of tea, the Portuguese concluded. “That’s because she is a baby.”

     “How did you know?” the British said, confused.

     “You’ll have to return her at some point. If Spain finds out about this, you’ll be in big trouble.”

* * * * * * * *

This occurred during the British occupation of Manila during the Seven Year’s War when Phili was, obviously, still a kid.