CHAPTER 28

Chase's POV:

Objects frequently passing by at a glance. I was driving too fast on a wet road. I was taking sharp turns and it was hard to control the car. Screeching sounds echoed in the cool air. But, I didn't care. All that I could think was Sophie. What would that animal be doing to her? My heart was pounding, I knew she desperately needed me right now.

The weather was clear. The rain had almost stopped by now. There was no sound of thunder or heavy rainfall just soft pitter-patter on the roof of the car. And loud sirens blaring in the surroundings. I had called the police right away at Sophie's house when I realised where she'd be. That might sound like a hunch but, I was damn sure!

My eyes fixed on the road, my fists tightly curled on the steering wheel, I was getting impatient by every passing second. "How much longer!?"

Suddenly my phone rang, my eyes darted to my phone. It was Olivia. I answered the phone while looking at the road.

"Hello, Chase?"

"Olivia, did you talk to her? Did she contact you?" I said stuttering.

"No, I have tried calling her but her phone's turned off. Where are you? What are those sirens! Is she okay?!"

"I don't know...I am headed towards Mr. Harold's house and I have the police with me too."

"Do you think she's there?" She asked in a low voice.

"I know it. Now, I'm gonna go." I hung up.

I threw my phone on the passenger seat. I looked at the streets and it clicked. That was it! I was there! Now, I couldn't wait to see Sophie. I turned in his street. His house was the fourth. I hit the brakes and another screeching sound echoed through the air.

I got out of the car and ran to the door. It was his house. I started banging on the door shouting, "Sophie, Sophie are you there!"

All I wanted to hear was her voice so I could know that she's there and that she's fine. But to my horror, the door opened and a grim and ugly face appeared right before me.

______________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I am really busy in studies nowadays! Too much work and with exams coming up...huff, I will try my best to update soon. Thanks for your patience! Xoxoxo