CHAPTER 4

A/N: Hey guys! I am a bit sleepy while writing this, so if you notice any errors, please excuse me *yawn*
Anyway, enjoy! And don't forget to vote and comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As I pedaled my way to school, I enjoyed the weather around me. It was a bit cloudy. My shadow appeared and disappeared due to the broken clouds that were covering the sun time to time. The cool wind blew through my hair that was tied in a loose ponytail. I breathed in the fresh air that made my lips curl into a soft smile. It was all so peaceful. When suddenly a loud horn made me jerk and scowl. It was a school bus waiting for the kids who were approaching it with incredibly bored faces. Such excitement, much wow! I glanced at the bus driver, who looked in his early forties, he was tapping on the steering wheel as if impatient. I shook my head and sped up as I was already very late.

I got to school and parked my bicycle more like left it in the parking lot and hurried inside. I really wanted to avoid our biology teacher Mr. Harold as he was really annoying and strict and nitpicky and annoying, did I mention that... but, unfortunately, I bumped into him right outside our classroom door. He turned to me and said wryly,

"Late again Ms. Hills!"

I was, uh...stuck in traffic!" A typical, lame excuse. Mentally facepalm myself.

"Yeah, yeah, I know.." God, just let me go! In the meantime my friends were enjoying seeing me being mentally tortured. I pulled faces at them and was trying not to laugh at theirs. I stood straight just when Mr. Harold looked at me and said "Go inside." I went inside and sat in the empty seat at the back.

I looked around the class to see how changed it was. Seriously, it's just been three days. As I was looking around I saw Chase staring at me with slightly narrow eyes. Chase was a nice guy, sometimes funny, overall good. His looks also weren't that bad. He had a well built body, chestnut brown hair and light green eyes. It was awkward for him to be like this. I smiled to him but got nothing in return. So I awkwardly shifted my eyes to the whiteboard. It was history class and I don't like history at all.

I glanced multiple times at Chase and most times caught him eyeing me. But just as I turned my head towards him he instantly looked away. When finally we got a fifteen minute break, I went straight to the cafeteria as I missed breakfast and was starving. I took my lunch and just as I turned my eyes met with Chase.

"Hi, Sophie."