CHAPTER 5

"Uh....hi!" Okay! This was awkward, not because he was in front of me but because my mouth was swollen from the food stuffed in it. "Excuse me.." I said and turned my face away and chewed down my food really fast and swallowed it. I turned to face him again and gave the conversation a start.

"So, what's up?"

"Good. How 'bout you?"

"Hungry." I must have looked so stupid when I said that. He chuckled at my reply which embarrassed me a little. Suddenly I remembered his awkward behavior from class so I asked him,

"Hey, um, back in the class, why were you st..." just when I was about to ask him the bell rang indicating that the break was over and that the students must head back to their respective classes. Chase left the cafeteria so fast as if he wanted to ignore my question which made me feel skeptical.

My best friend, Olivia, had been watching us. Well, she needed topics for gossips and to tease me.

"Oh my god! Did you just look at yourself when Chase was here! You were so awkward. Maybe you got a crush over him." She smiled playfully.

"What? No! My mouth was stuffed at that time. I was not....well why am I even giving an explanation!" I said while taking a bite of my sandwich. My jaw stopped midway when I heard the announcement of Principal Sanders calling me in his office. I swallowed down my food while giving Olivia a confused look which she returned. She shrugged and said,

"I don't remember you doing something wrong, so it won't be that bad..." she said it in an unsure way. All of my classmates were going towards their class except for me, I was going towards the principal's office.