CHAPTER 15

I ran to the cafeteria that when I reached there I was panting. I looked for Chase but couldn't find him. I set down on a table near me to calm myself down. I was looking around trying to find Chase. I wanted to tell him what I'd just heard.

I felt sorry for him. Not Mr. Harold but his brother. Road accidents are always bad. I remember when my uncle and aunt had an accident. Their car got hit by truck and flipped thrice. They were badly injured. Had several lacerations, concussions and fractures. My aunt was pregnant at the time and she lost her child. It would've been their first one. They had been in a hospital for two months. Afterwards, they were released but had to rest for another month. My aunt almost went into depression after the accident, but, luckily was treated at the right time. It was really hard for her to move on. So, accidents are pretty bad. I wondered how would his brother be.

I was distracted when I saw Chase walking into the cafeteria. I hurriedly walked to him.

"Hey! I've just heard something.. well, not heard, I was eavesdropping. But that's not the point. It's something serious." I said it all in one breath.

"Woah woah woah, slow down. Is everything okay?" Chase asked confused.

"Mr. Harold just left, his brother just had an accident. He's gone to the hospital." I said with a low voice so no one can hear except Chase.

"What? Really?"

"Yes, I just overheard Mr. Harold and principal Sanders when I was walking to the cafeteria from where I left you." Remembering that again, a brief chuckle escaped my lips. Chase arched an eyebrow and said,

"You thinks that's funny??"

"What? No, of course not! I wasn't laughing at that I just rem... never mind."

We both were at a loss now, so we continued with our lunches. We both sat down at a table. We were eating quietly when suddenly Chase whisper-yelled. "I have an idea!" He really knew when to keep his voice down. It was loud enough to make me jerk at the suddenness of his action. I stopped abruptly almost yelling out "WHAT THE HELL!" but gladly didn't say anything because with a full mouth it would've been really embarrassing especially in front of Chase.

"We could sneak up into his house at night and figure out why he's stalking you!" Chase said with wide eyes almost hopeful.

I froze for a moment at his words. Then I said with confidence, "Nope. There's no way I'm breaking into someone's house."

"It's not really breaking. That guy's stalking for Pete's sake!"

"Yeah, but... to go into someone's house without their permission or will IS equal to breaking into it." I really didn't want to do something like that.

"Um... but if you think about it, Mr. Harold also came to your house without your permission or will, right??" Chase said with a funny look on his face. Then he added, "Come on! Don't you want to know why he's doing all this?" Chase said with furrowed eyebrows.

This time I actually considered his words. WHAT?! I thought of when I found Mr. Harold in my house that day and how he made my parents go all angry on me. I really hated him. So, I agreed. Agreed to break into his house.

What was I thinking? I shouldn't do that! What if he found out? It's a crime, so I'll be called a criminal! I can't! The thoughts were rushing inside my head and I couldn't seem to control it. But I didn't refuse even then. Instead I asked, "when do we do it?" Great, so we were actually doing it!

"Tonight, of course. He's not going to stay at the hospital forever."

"Tonight?" I said as I gulped.