CHAPTER 25

Chase's POV:

After the class was over, Sophie left the room without even looking at me. I wanted to talk to her. I couldn't stand being ignored by her. I felt my heart aching after seeing her ignoring me. I knew she wasn't ignoring me because she didn't like me. She was nervous after the kiss and didn't know how to confront me. So, after the recess, when I entered the classroom, after making a brief eye contact, I passed by her and slipped a note in her bag. I hoped she would call me or talk to me the next day.

After she kissed me, I know she felt the same way as I did about her. The kiss may have been a little sudden but to me it definitely meant something. I know it did to her, too. I saw, in her eyes, pain that she was hurting. She was already in so much pain and trouble, she always had me to help her. But, now she didn't. I had to tell her that that kiss meant so much to me. That she meant so much to me.

Maybe she was afraid of getting me in trouble. But I had to tell her that I liked being there for her. She and I had gotten so much closer. So close, that when she looked at me with those big brown eyes of hers, I felt my heart yearn for her. Her smile, even in her hard days, made my day. If I didn't see her, I got worried and didn't relax till I had heard from her and was sure that she was safe. The walks we had had were the best moments of my life. Seeing her face in the pale and beautiful moonlight. Her perfect hair dancing along the wind. I watched every step she took, felt every breath she took and heard every beat of her heart.

Her personality was what attracted me to her. Most people would see her as a damsel in distress. It was true, she had been under a lot of pressure lately. When she didn't know what to do, she always looked up to me and I liked helping her. I just wanted an excuse to be with her. Now, that I was alone, without her being with me and talking with me, I felt pensive and empty.

I had to talk to her. I picked my phone up and dialed her number but before hitting the call button, I thought if she'd even answer my call. And explaining my feelings to her should, must not be done on the phone. I'll do that in person. I thought. But I still needed to know if she was okay. So, I decided to call Olivia. She'd know. I dialed her number and hit the call button. It had only rung once and she picked up. I smiled in surprise. I opened my mouth to say, "that was surprisingly quick." But before I could say anything, she spoke.

"Oh, thank God, Chase you called! I was just about to ring you!" She spoke in an alarming tone.

My smile faded and my heart sunk.
"Is everything okay?" I said knitting my brows together as if she was standing right in front of me and watching me.

"No, it's not. I had tried Sophie's phone nine times, now, but her phone's turned off! At first I thought maybe she's studying or that she did that on purpose, but it's been almost two hours now! I'm worried, Chase. She never does this, at least, not for so long!" She said quickly. I could feel how worried she was as I was too. I felt my heart beating loudly in my chest.

"When was the last time you both talked?"

"Just in school, when she was leaving for home. I asked if she needed a ride but she refused. So, I told her to call me if she needed me.." she said, her voice full of fear and worry.

"She didn't call, did she? I'll talk to y..." I was midway when she interrupted me.

"She told me about what you guys did yesterday..."

She was, actually, talking about going to Mr. Harold's house, but I thought she was talking about the kiss. So, I wanted to ask her what she said about it. If she mentioned it in a good way or a bad way. If she liked it or not. But there was no time. I had to find her and see if she was alright.

______________________________________

A/N: So, my beautiful readers, how's the story going? I really hope you're enjoying it. Do tell me your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote! Xoxoxo