CHAPTER 19

A/N: Thank you so much guys for getting this story 500 reads. I hope to finish this story soon and start another one. So follow for more stories. Also do comment and tell me how this story's been going so far. Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

______________________________________

Chase opened the door immediately and we got inside. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would burst. We could hear the footsteps coming closer and getting louder by every passing second. We looked hear and there trying to find a place where we could hide and where he wouldn't see us. Just as the footsteps got really loud almost as he was just outside the room, we ran and hid in the closet. I didn't realise I was breathing so loudly until Chase covered my mouth and told me to be quiet. I nodded and he removed his hand from my mouth. I stood against his chest. I could hear his heart going crazy, too. He was just as freaked out as me. But he was better at handling things like these. I couldn't deny the fact that I was scared to death but felt, somewhat, safe having Chase with me.

The door opened and someone stepped inside. They stopped for a second and looked around the room. At that moment, I thought that was it. But then he walked straight into the bathroom. Chase tapped my shoulder and nodded. This was our chance to sneak out of the room. We were so scared to get out let alone open the closet door. We knew it would most probably be our only chance of getting out, so after an intake of a deep breath, we opened the closet door and started walking slowly towards the door careful enough not to make any sound. I was relieved to see the door already open. We sneaked out and once we were out of the room, we ran to the front door. The adrenaline rushing through both of our bodies. We opened the door and the moment I saw the clear night sky I felt relieved.

"Run!" Said Chase.

We took off immediately. I looked back once. We ran till we were out of breathe. Fortunately we saw some other people nearby. We stopped panting.

"That was close!" I said gasping for air and pressing my chest as it was on fire!

"Way too close!" Chase replied panting with his hands on his knees.

We saw a shop nearby so we went and bought water. After gulping down water and finally calming down Chase offered me a walk home. We talked about the whole thing at Mr. Harold's house on the way.

"You were freaking out the whole time." Chase said chuckling.

"I was standing IN the house of my stalker! I'd see you if someone was stalking you." I said smirking.

"Well, I am glad we got out of there at the right moment!" Chase said sighing in relief.

"Yeah..." I said as I kicked a stone in the way.

Unlike the previous walk this was different. We felt more close. Probably, because he and I had been together throughout this whole thing. It was a bit warm because I was sweating and so was he. To overcome the silence which was killing me, I said,

"Is it the weather that's too hot or is it just me?" I glanced sideways at Chase, he smiled and said, "certainly, you." He looked at me with an incredibly hot smile. My cheeks heated up and I turned red. I turned my head away from him so he couldn't see but he probably knew. I couldn't help but smile. Just when I didn't want the night to end, we stopped at my house. I sighed and turned to Chase, "Thanks.."

"For what?" Asked Chase passing a confused smile.

The next moment I involuntarily leaned in and kissed his soft lips. "For everything." I said as I pulled myself back. Chase stood there pleasantly confused as I turned and walked away to my house.